JOB TITLE: Mechanical technician
To Build and assemble Electrical/Hydraulic control units. Build and test Small directional control valves. Carry out Automated flush and Pressure testing. Ability to work to engineering diagrams, drawings, and routings. Build assemblies to meet required quality standards, prescribed costs and agreed lead times.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Mechanically assemble hydraulic system
• Flush units to ensure they are hydraulically clean.
• Fit and torque bolts in sequence ensuring build standards are met.
• Feed back quality issues using company procedures.
• Maintain Health and safety standards within workshop.
• Any other tasks as specified by Team Leader
KEY Job Specific Skills:
• Ability to carry out Mechanical Assembly
• Read Mechanical schematics.
• Good knowledge and use of Hand Tools.
• Simple Pipe fit.
• Carry out testing and calibration on modules to predetermined test process under the guidance from test engineers
• Sound mechanical Knowledge of build processes
• Working effectively with others towards common goals
• Clear concise and unambiguous in exchange of information at working level
• Promote company values through leading behaviours
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
• Educated to NVQ level 2/3 in Mechanical assy
• Results oriented with proven track record.
• Willing to learn.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients