Contract starting ASAP for 12 months
Based in Welwyn Garden City
A leading pharmaceuticals company that was founded in 1896 and has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry for eight years in a row by DJSI.
This company is currently recruiting for a sourcing manager to join their team on a contract basis. Looking to recruit someone ASAP they are keen to welcome their new manager into the Global Procurement Team for the Europe Region.
- Perform operational sourcing activities by executing operational sourcing requests within the region
- Understand end user requirements and leverage the applicable category buying guides and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value
- Support the creation and review of relevant purchasing documents and communicate the status, progress, and outcomes of sourcing activities.
- Responsible for maintaining strong information flows back to the global Category team for opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage.
- Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools
- Collaborate with the requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
- Execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based or regional Procurement as required
- University degree, with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site.
- Operational procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS, ISM) or Finance related licenses or certifications is desired.
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools is desired.
- Competence or fluency in other sub-region languages is strongly encouraged.