An exciting opportunity has arisen to support West Midlands Police to lead organisational transformation to meet the challenges driven by climate change.
As the Environmental and Sustainability Manager, you will champion and drive environmental practice and performance, as well as promote corporate responsibility in the field of environmental and sustainability matters.
You will drive and deliver the aspirations of the Force Environmental Policy challenging current practices and driving efficiencies and improvements, whilst identifying and promoting ethical environmental and sustainability policies and practices.
In this key role, you will audit, analyse and report upon environmental performance and in addition lead the force Environmental Group and provide meaningful performance data.
As a credible influencer, you will drive efficiency through engagement and seek innovation internally and externally with supply chains. In this senior role, you will be a key player within the wider organisation who will embed responsible environmental practice, champion and effectively communicate environmental awareness across the organisation and bring an environmental perspective to everything that the force does.
Essential Experience & Knowledge
- You will have up to date knowledge of current legislation and strong knowledge of current best practice.
- Have strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively lead, develop and implement change.
- Possess proven ability to devise and implement new working practices, policies procedures and technical reports.
- Have experience of developing and implementing new and innovative working methods and initiatives that could improve environmental compliance across the business.
- Work effectively within a diverse and complex operational business.
- Have experience in providing subject matter expertise.
- Have a good working knowledge of business operating and supply procedures.
- Have a proven track record to manage and deliver large and small scale projects.
- Have a Degree or equivalent level qualification within a relevant discipline and/or a detailed proven ability to deliver environmental and sustainability performance improvements
- Be a member of a professional institution (Associate / Practitioner IEMA or similar)
- Possess a full and current driving licence
WMP is a large and diverse organisation where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in an encouraging and flexible environment. We're able to offer you a comprehensive range of rewards and benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) with the option to purchase additional days
- access to a Corporate Health Cash Plan and wellbeing website
- opportunity to save on travel costs through a Corporate Travel Scheme
- the option to join a generous pension scheme
The role will be located in Birmingham and is based on a 37 hour week, with the need for occasional travel within the West Midlands Force area.
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities
West Midlands Police are currently undertaking a long term review of staff pay and conditions. The grade, pay and other terms of employment are therefore subject to review and may change in the future.
West Midlands Police is a Disability Confident Leader - the highest level an organisation can achieve under the scheme run by the Department of Work and Pensions. As part of our commitment we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme - all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.