EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
A career that will deliver change. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
Manufacturing Project Manager, Hinley Point C, Somerset, Competitive Salary & Benefits
EDF has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Project Manager at our Hinkley Point C (HPC) site, one of Europe's largest infrastructure projects.
The Manufacturing Project Manager (PM) reports directly to one of the Senior Project Managers (SPM); or one of the Project Managers of UK4101 contract. The PM is responsible and/or is supporting the Senior Project Manager responsible for the management and co-ordination of delivery activities for the project areas of work assigned to him/her.
This post has the responsibility to ensure delivery of activities for the life cycle of the work area in accordance with the overall Project schedule. This post will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
* Define the work scope to be delivered within the project of work and the interfaces to the other projects
* Coordinate stakeholders capable of delivering the work scope, with clear roles and responsibilities and delivery accountabilities
* Drive the delivery of the project activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the project - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
* Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the project. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the project budget, and escalate any issues to the project management team. Monitor and adjust the execution plan where issues arise to ensure the overall project schedule is met,
* Interface with other projects to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice
* Ensure that project contractual requirements are fulfilled
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
The nature of the role is to provide leadership and support senior project managers to ensure the effective delivery of activities in the project, while recognizing and managing the impacts of the project on the wider Project.
The scope of the position will cover:
* Manufacturing and delivery to site of Primary equipment manufactured for the NI program,
* Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector.
* Able to demonstrate skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation.
* Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Detailed understanding of PWR design and manufacturing and experience in PWR operations.
* Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
* Degree and chartered status in an engineering, physics or other related field.
* Good knowledge of Inspections techniques and requirements
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We're happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we're constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone's welcome. It's a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we're about the people who work with us - a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that's vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we'll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we'll help Britain achieve net zero.