Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG and Oil, based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
- Creating sale contracts for physical oil deals.
- Reviewing incoming contracts and respond to them in a timely manner.
- Prompt resolution of any deal entry discrepancies.
- Providing paralegal support / advice to traders & operators on contractual queries and any operational problems that occur.
- Provide pre deal Commercial Advice to traders, operators & business development as necessary ensuring optimum terms are negotiated
- Understanding the compliance issues / critical controls affecting relevant trades and reporting potential problems.
- Confirming all paper trades from counterparties and brokers; issuing paper documentation to counterparties
- Taking responsibility f or controlling all relevant paperwork relating to trades which fall within given remit, including preparation of outward and review of inward contracts, as well as ensuring compliance by traders with all control requirements relating to deal entry and authorisation of trade documentation
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree in Finance/ Commercial/Mathematics or equivalent.
- Strong paralegal background.
- Will need to be able to work quickly and accurately on a large volume of work with prompt deadlines.
- Should be confident working with complex documentation and any previous contractual or trading background may be advantageous.
- Relevant experience gained in an Oil Trading company.
- Teamwork Skills - ability to work with others to accomplish group goals and implement process changes. Demonstrated teamwork inside and outside immediate area of responsibility.
- Communication Skills - initiates communications within the team to learn and share knowledge and follows up to ensure message is received. Ability to communicate well with front, mid and back office personnel as well as Senior levels of management. Listens attentively, seeks to understand viewpoints of others, and tests for understanding.
- Organization Skills -ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience with managing daily/monthly/quarterly duties with on-going projects and communicating the status of assignments.
- Developmental Skills - ability to develop oneself and others, to develop and evolve Risk Management processes and reports.