SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Offshore Metering Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Annual Hours
Job Location: Aberdeen (Offshore)
Travel: Offshore rota 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off
Remuneration: As an Offshore Metering Technician, you’ll receive a competitive salary, depending on experience, plus you’ll benefit from private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As an Offshore Metering Technician you’ll be responsible for creating a relationship between client and SGS United Kingdom Ltd with the aim of providing Fiscal, Allocation and environmental metering facilities whilst maintaining excellence in quality and safety performance. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring that the fiscal and allocation gas and oil metering facilities are maintained and operated to the standards required to satisfy legislative and operational requirements.
* Monitoring of metering system performance and data to minimise metering errors.
* Routine planned maintenance to client PMR routines, including onsite planning of the work to ensure PMR’s are carried out within the required timescales.
* Completion of any corrective work identified during normal operations or whilst carrying out PMR’s, to follow sound working practice and prevent failures.
* Record keeping of all metering systems offshore and associated field and test equipment files & calibration records to provide an auditable trail to meet DTI requirements.
* Liaison with client representatives both onshore and offshore to identify and highlight any problem areas and also any opportunities for improvements to the system operation or efficiency.
* Liaison with contractors own Metering Engineers for technical back up and status reports to ensure operations are carried out in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need recent experience calibrating flow measurement equipment in the correct manner and in accordance with client procedures, utilising various Company or client test equipment, and to advise immediately of the results and consequences in order to prevent or minimise mis-measurement occurrences
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
* Must have experience of working in a multi-disciplined, operational, engineering environment where core competencies and skills are routinely required and utilised
* Must have experience of interfacing with internal / external clients and providing detailed technical reports and feedback
* Must have experience of demonstrating problem solving abilities from initial fault diagnosis through to corrective action and implementation
* Current Offshore Survival Certificate.
* Current Offshore Medical Certificate.
* Current Fire Fighting Certificate
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
* Technical qualification ONC or HNC if further progress is to be made.
* Experience of petrochemical type instrumentation
* SVQ Metering Technician Competency Standard
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days