We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Electrical Project Manager or Grid, Connections Engineer to join a rapidly growing development department in a growing business.
This client is the power supporting critical national infrastructure through delivering flexible energy generation.
* Assist with the preparation, submission and management of electrical grid connection documentation including connection applications, quotations, novations and connection agreements. Utilizing external consultants to support when appropriate.
* Support the longer-term goal of managing gas connection applications and UIP contract tendering in-house.
* Maintain efficient tracking tools for all connections to ensure deadlines are not missed and can be efficiently managed ahead of time where there is risk of delay.
* Input into project designs and overall project plan - Ensure essential detail such as financial obligations, time constraints and utility routing are relayed to the appropriate development, wayleave, commercial and finance teams within the business.
* Assist with the timely response to funder due diligence queries.
* Assist in determining the likely available grid capacity at potential development sites via a combination of early engagement with DNO’s, reviewing capacity heat map tools and basic LTDS data, or the use of external consultants.
* Support the stage gate transition and smooth handover of development projects through pre-construction and construction phases.
* Broad understanding and experience managing the end to end grid and gas connections process (highly desirable).
* 3-5+ years’ experience working in the utility industry.
* Knowledge of the project development lifecycle, from concept and planning permission to construction, final energization and commissioning (desirable).
* Knowledge of utility network operator GIS mapping systems (although our inhouse GIS and CAD teams normally provide this function).
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office packages is essential.
* A-level or degree in project management and/or engineering discipline (desirable).
* Highly organised
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* High level of numeracy
* Project management