Paragon is a multi-disciplinary Building Consultancy, with a modern commercial outlook, and close-knit team ethic. Our Director-led service combines commercial acumen with a pro-active approach. From our offices in London, Esher, Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh, our team of 130 people carries out instructions across the UK and Europe. We promote a fun and dynamic workplace and deliver first-class technical expertise covering the ‘whole property life-cycle’.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including, but not limited to, pension, bonus scheme, gym membership, birthday day off and a flexible working environment.
About the role:
As an Environmental Consultant at Paragon, you are primarily responsible for professional environmental services relating to transactional due diligence and redevelopment, involving land contamination assessment and knowledge of sustainability.
You will work within the Environmental team to evaluate a broad range of environmental issues and communicate findings and risk to Paragon’s clients, and will support on projects in our newest service line – Energy & Sustainability. You will get involved in a wide variety of tasks from site visits, managing sub-consultants, reviewing data, writing reports, and client facing opportunities, assisting with business development activities and will be responsible for delivering high quality work whilst building and developing successful client relationships. Our clients include property investors, fund managers, high net-worth individuals and developers working across Europe and the UK.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing advice to clients on land contamination issues together with other pertinent considerations such as sustainability, flooding, UXO etc.
- Site walkovers (driving required).
- Assisting with due diligence and site investigation project coordination.
- Managing sub-consultants.
- Ordering and managing data, use of Excel and software such as HoleBase (training provided).
- Writing factual reports.
- Applying technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions to produce interpretative reports (with supervision and guidance).
- Working with and supporting all business functions/service lines.
Skills and Experience:
- Up to 3 years’ experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline such as Environmental Science, Environmental Geology, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Current understanding of relevant environmental regulations, legislation and assessment criteria
- Experience of delivering Phase 1 reports and Desktop Studies.
- Awareness and developing working knowledge of field / site assessment work including preparation of RAMS and Health and Safety documentation, interpreting results, developing conceptual site models and producing Phase 2 reports.
- Experience of rock and soil logging, soil sampling and in-situ testing.
- Problem solver who consistently delivers a high standard of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Driving license.
Desirable (Not essential)
- Working towards chartership.
- CAD / GIS experience.
- Awareness or developing working knowledge of geotechnics.
- CSCS accreditation.
- Interest in the real estate industry.
- Knowledge of sustainability, such as BREEAM.
Key Performance/ Success Indicator:
Opportunities for progression within Paragon; the successful candidate will be evaluated, on the delivery and quality of their work, through regular 121s with the Director. This will be guided by their ability to meet their fee earning and bonus target.
Performance will also be assessed using feedback from clients, colleagues and Directors.
You will work closely with the Project Management, Building Surveying, and technical teams to provide a first-class service to clients, as well as Business Development activities. You will also support a wide range of senior colleagues across the business in your day to day role.
It is expected that you would interact closely with the Admin team when producing reports and with the Finance team to accurately maintain your own fee forecast and invoicing, as appropriate.
For applications, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org