Our client, an Operator based in Aberdeenshire is currently recruiting for a Senior Pipeline Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
* Ensuring that all Pipelines & Riser systems are operated in compliance with the UK Legislative Pipelines Safety Regulations (PSR1996).
* Ensuring that the integrity of all Pipelines & Riser systems is managed in accordance with Pipeline Integrity Management Strategy (PIMS), Company Rules and General Specifications.
* Defining, updating and following-up on KPIs and pipelines inspection plans.
* Undertaking pipeline integrity assessments to define future inspection philosophy.
* Ensuring that the Pipelines & Risers systems have been and will continue to be operated within their design envelope.
* Monitoring the completion of assurance activities by Field Operations, ensuring corrective work orders / remediations are raised and executed in a timely manner.
* Maintaining up to date records, consisting of design criteria, engineering documentation, studies, reports, inspection, maintenance, monitoring and testing data in a structured and auditable manner in the relevant document control system, pipeline database and CMIMS, as appropriate.
* In case of life extension or deviation from the design envelope, carry out a re-analysis is undertaken to verify the change as part of the request for modification.
* Ensuring that Asset Pipelines & Risers systems integrity status and anomalies are reordered
* Preparing annual integrity reports for all Asset Pipelines & Risers systems.
* Preparing and presenting the status of Pipelines & Risers systems at the annual UK HSE meeting.
* Compiling and reviewing condition monitoring and process control data, anomalies, updates the risk assessment as necessary.
* Engaging with PILE & Materials SME as required on pipeline integrity issues (e.g. corrosion, erosion, chemicals treatments, pigging, cathodic protection, heat-tracing, leak and shock detection system and environment).
* Communicating with the PILE to provide relevant information in relation to the integrity of the pipelines and coordinate the declaration of anomalies and integrity threats into Synergi-EP.
* Assisting the PILE in the preparation and maintenance to the Pipeline Emergency Repair Preparedness strategy and critical spares holding requirements for Pipelines.
* Creating scopes of work for input into pipeline contracts – These contracts include, but are not limited to, intelligent pigging, pipeline plug isolation, operational pigging & pipeline engineering studies.
* Supporting Asset budget preparation in relation to Pipelines & Riser systems, including but not limited to, inspections and subsea interventions.
* Supporting preparation of Intelligent Pigging plans for input into Asset & Long Term Plans on an annual basis.
* Providing ad-hoc support to pipeline projects in the design, pre-commissioning and commissioning phases.
* Supporting in Platform Safety Case and COMAH Site reviews, taking ownership of the pipeline sections.
* Supporting rigorous cost control, including review & approval of Vendor / Contractor invoices.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
* Relevant Engineering degree and preferable chartered engineer
* Relevant industry experience
* Familiar with UK industry regulations pertaining to the oil and gas industry and in particular the UK Legislative Pipelines Safety Regulations (PSR1996)
* In depth understanding of all aspects of pipelines & risers systems integrity management
* Experience with managing integrity of subsea infrastructure
* Experience of managing contractors, vendors and service providers.
* Good understanding of offshore operations and project management.
* Effective communicator both written and verbal.
* Effective relationship-builder at all levels, internally and externally