Office Based, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary Dependent on Experience
Permanent, Full Time
Would you like to be a part of one of the fastest growing energy suppliers in the UK? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you have good analytical and problem-solving skills?
If the above describes you, then look no further, we might have exactly what you are looking for!
Working within the commercial team, you will be supporting data management, reporting, trading activity. This person will work closely with Finance team to ensure integrity of the data systems.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to detect issues and escalate where needed. Without question you will be a great team player who embraces change and enjoys a fast-paced working environment.
This is an exciting opportunity which will provide a great deal of learning and development and a fantastic chance to progress throughout the company. Green thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work. We want people to grow within themselves but also grow with the company and to be a part of Green's mission in becoming one of the best energy suppliers.
* Degree in numerate / analytical discipline or relevant experience
* Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences
* Expert computer knowledge including the use of Office products
* Able to prioritise tasks, and to manage conflicting demands on time and resources, to deliver objectives
* Knowledge of the UK power and gas markets and trading practices ideal, but not essential
The role will include
* Analysing and forecast natural gas & power demand
* Build and develop forecasting models following best industry practice
* Produces daily reports and analyse data relating to customer and procurement volumes
* Analyse and develop retail energy tariff pricing models for 3 competing markets
* Ensure models are used accurately and facilitate timely delivery of data to the Senior Management team
* Proactively manage standards and pre-empt events and portfolio changes
* Monitor forecast error, report on forecast performance, and perform analysis which will further develop demand forecasting methodologies to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts
* Liaising with in house development team to build automation and bespoke software to enhance forecasting ability
How to apply for the Energy Analyst job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Energy Analyst job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Admin, Administrator, Energy Analyst, Finance, Financial Administrator, Energy, Data Analysis, Forecast