Operations Manager 2M
Full time, permanent, London
(Working from home initially due to Covid 19. All IT equipment provided and full training and support will be given)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager in our London 2M (Opscom) team. The role to help coordinate our Vessel Sharing Agreement for dedicated trade lanes (either US or Asia) with our partners in a shared office environment.
We believe the successful Operations Manager should have the following skills:
- Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to continual deadline constraints is essential
- One team mindset
- Ability to impact business activities and influence leaders and peers
- Cross cultural awareness, general knowledge of international business and a high degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity required
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement in processes
- Excellent conceptualization and analytical skills
- Complex Project Management experience and proven record is essential
- Previous knowledge of vessel operations
- Previous knowledge of container operations on ship and/or shore
The key tasks for the Operations Manager are:
- Pro-actively coordinate and liaise with the Lines on optimal operational execution
- Responsible for the monitoring of adherence to agreed schedules for assigned trades
- Ensure correct application of the Working Procedures in all instances
- Elevate ad-hoc issues and non-pre-agreed decisions to the Management for resolution.
- Provide input to the Head of operations for recommendations on Network optimization opportunities, phase-in/-out proposals, allocation swaps, vessel replacements etc. for Services in scope.
- Responsible for improving performance on Schedule reliability, Bunkers, utilization and network cost for Services in scope.
- Recommend, develop and continuously improve Standard Contingencies and ad-hoc contingencies with due consideration for the overall network as well as impact on individual Lines.
- Monitor and safe-guard overall network capability taking into account vessel performances, Hub- and terminal performances, cargo flows and predicted utilisations of Services in scope.
So, if you feel that you are the Operations Manager we are looking for then please apply now.