Smart City Recruiters Ltd are a successful utility’s contractor and are currently looking to recruit Civil Operatives nationwide on our telecommunications and other utility contracts.
You will need to have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months in order to be able to drive a company vehicle.
Under the direction of the Project Manager & Supervisor, applicants will be required to perform excavations, repairs and reinstatement's in the public highways, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Provide new installation of duct, chambers, cabinets & associated equipment.
* Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets.
* Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
* Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets)
* Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
* To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
* To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
* Ensure all works are carried out to required industry standards
* Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
* Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
* Must have good knowledge of sign/lighting & guarding
* Maintain company SHEQ standards to ensure continued compliance with legislation and industry standards
The successful candidates will have the following Tickets / Qualifications
* CPCS or NPORS
* CSCS Card
Location – Glasgow and Central Belt
Pay – Synthetic Rates ( will be supplied on application and interview stage )
For more information please forward your up to date CV