Dornan are currently recruiting for Maintenance Manager to work on site on a Waste to Energy project in the Baddesley, Atherstone.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will join an already established Construction team on the District Energy centres and systems, including heating, cooling and power systems. The project is an installation and has a project value in excess of £60 million.
Maintenance Managerroles and responsibilities are to deliver:
- Daily management of the maintenance function of the facility including personnel involved in maintenance and contract staff, while adhering to all relevant legislation and site procedures.
- Planning of PPM schedules, reviewing plant defects, develop proposals for modifications where appropriate to maintain or improve plant reliability and availability
- Oversee the implementation and development of the CMMS system to improve the organisation and effectiveness of all aspects of maintenance
- Assist in the planning and oversee outages with the Plant Manager, including scope and specification of work, safety, control and interfaces between all working parties
- Assist with the preparation of the site maintenance budget proposals and work within approved budgets
- Propose modifications as appropriate to optimise efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring that the relevant procedures are in place to maintain safe systems of work for employees and contractors
- Liaise with the Operations team to ensure that the maintenance function is responsive to the overall needs of the business
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental Management systems and with all relevant legislation
- Manage service agreements, identify new local suppliers and resources
- Be contactable out of hours by telephone, email and attend site during emergency situations and plant breakdowns if they occur out of hours
- Chair monthly maintenance meetings and assist with site reporting requirements
- Deputise when required for the Plant Manager in case of his/her absence
- Responsible for the successful implementation and operation of day to day maintenance strategy
- Responsible for ensuring that all routine maintenance is correctly planned in CMMS by the site maintenance teams
- Prior to the plant becoming operational, you will be required to have a positive input in to the Maintenance Management System (Spidex)
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
- Ensure your team is following Company policies and procedures.
- Complete a comprehensive induction with all new employees in your team.
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by:
- setting objectives at the start of the year
- monitoring progress against specific objectives/ KPIs throughout the year
- discussing progress against these objectives at performance reviews
- acting as a mentor and advising on training development opportunities
Maintenance Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Qualified to Degree, HND or HNC or equivalent with Mechanical ,electrical or instrumentation)
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification desirable
Maintenance Managerwill have the following experience:
- Managing the maintenance of a similar plant or related experience in EPC
- Preferably a hands-on operator/ engineer with good experience gained in the Energy from Waste, Biomass, Power Station, Steam boilers industries
- Detailed knowledge of plant and maintenance systems and their functionality, especially computer based
- Demonstrates clear knowledge of safety practises, promoting an excellent safety culture
- Sound understanding of process flow
- Experience using cross craft skills or equivalent
- Knowledge of fuel qualities and grades would be advantageous
- Mobile Plant Operator licence or good previous experience
- Good knowledge of Incineration and Power Generation or similar industry would be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of the standard Microsoft IT packages and experience with CMMS
- Able to demonstrate a competence in Maintenance Management Systems, SSOW and CEMS.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with colleagues, suppliers
- Analytical ability and enthusiastic and competent problem solver with a practical approach to solving process problems
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Able to cope with numerous issues simultaneously and capable of prioritising tasks
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team or independently
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor
**Place of work – The employee’s normal place of work will be 10 Eastgate Avenue, Little Island, Co. Cork OR 114A Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4ES, this shall be your normal place of employment unless you are assigned temporarily to another project site. It is a condition of employment that you are available to travel to or work at any of the Company’s work locations, project sites or company offices in Ireland, UK or Europe.