From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
To produce accurate and timely invoices for our Embedded Generation and Flexible Power Customers, covering both electricity and gas, whilst maintaining strong working relationships with our customers, account managers and parent company.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for accurately invoicing all of our Embedded Generation Customers for both Gas and Power, as well as customers on a Flexible Power Product.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly invoices for all EmGen and Flexible Power Customers
- Build strong working relationships with customers, account managers and colleagues at GM&T
- Coordinate any queries and see these through to completion whilst keeping stakeholders updated
- Provide timely reports, insight and recommendations on bill run performance against electricity and gas targets to operational teams and senior stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of financial invoicing reporting, analysis, and insight.
- Support Phidex with mapping the end to end process, customer journey and process improvement.
- Drive efficiency improvements and support the Operations Team Manager in creating a team that is knowledgeable for sustaining future growth and succession planning.
- Work in partnership with other operational teams to deliver an excellent customer experience through knowledge sharing; process improvement over the Power and Embedded lifecycle.
- You will also support the expansion of the Gazprom Energy business in the UK by assisting the team to build enduring relationships with third party providers, managing this relationship effectively and efficiently.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- An appreciation of Customer Services and Account Management
- Good organization skills
- Good Microsoft Office computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Proactive in achieving results
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment
- People Skills
- Diligent and dependable
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Substantial technical experience of billing processes for gas and electricity
- Proven track record in delivering exceptional technical asset management outcomes
- Deep understanding of gas and electricity smart metering products and associated firmware lifecycle management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and inter personal skills
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Analytical mind-set with strong excel skills
• Educated to GCSE level