greenbean are looking for Meter Readers based in REDHILL and the surrounding areas. This is a fantastic role for someone who loves the outdoors and is self motivated to work independently.
The role of a Meter Reader is to read gas and electricity meters using a hand-held electronic device, and other equipment. Some supporting administrative work is also required. There is a great deal of flexibility with this role, as a Meter Reader you will plan your own route, manage your schedule and workload to achieve the targets set for the week by your field delivery manager. Working an optional 40, 42 or 45 hours per week.
- As this is a customer facing role you must be approachable, presentable and polite and act as an ambassador for the company
- This is an active role which therefore you’re required to be physically fit as you will need to walk between properties
- As you will work alone you will be required to plan and manage your own time and workload
- You will be expected to use your initiative and report any dangerous meter installations or suspected signs of tampering
- Ability to work to targets
What will you need:
- You will be provided with a company vehicle and uniform as well as all necessary equipment to conduct your role
- You will be supported through a full training programme to ensure you can conduct your role to the required standards in-line with Health and Safety requirements
- No unspent criminal convictions
- A desire to work outdoors
- You will be walking from property to property so you will need a good understanding of the local area
- Friendly and professional approach to work
- The drive and motivation to work in an independent role.
- Live within a commutable distance to the postcode area you will cover - RH1 - 3
- Full training is provided so experience is not necessary
Pay Rate: £8.72
Hours: Flexible basis between hours of 8am - 8pm Monday-Sunday