IHS Markit Basic Chemicals Insights is the leading provider of market intelligence, analysis and forecasting for Inorganic Chemicals markets and the associated end-use sectors. Integrated databases and global teams enable our unparalleled coverage of markets from the wellhead and the forest to the consumers' shopping carts - we provide our clients with intelligence to make their companies stronger and more profitable. The Bleaching Chemicals and Chlor-alkali teams collaborate to translate the expertise of analysts in multiple locations on three continents into essential guidance for our clients. Your Role
You will apply your knowledge of the pulp and chemical markets and technology to lead the IHS Markit Global Bleaching Chemicals Market Advisory Services team and contribute research to the IHS Markit Chlor-alkali Market Advisory Services team. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Inorganics, you will drive research and publication activities of a multi-continent team of Bleaching Chemicals market analysts and identify and implement Service growth initiatives. Additionally, you will contribute to research and reporting processes of the leading global caustic soda market insights team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Global Bleaching Chemicals Market Advisory Services team. Mentor team members on technology, analysis and communications.
- Provide primary research and analysis on caustic soda, pulp, sodium chlorate and hydrogen peroxide markets in Europe and South America.
- Build and nourish relationships with key European and South American pulp, chemical and financial industry representatives.
- Collect market information and provide insightful reporting and analysis that benefits clients of IHS Chemical services.
- Identify and implement initiatives to grow the Global Bleaching Chemicals Market Advisory Service
You are a proven analytical thinker with excellent organizational skills. You can identify and articulate core issues in complex problems and translate them succinctly to insightful guidance. You deal well with ambiguity and contradiction. You enjoy mentoring and desire a leadership challenge that will enable you to grow a business.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
What we offer
- University degree required. Chemical engineering or chemistry degree preferred; MBA desirable
- Ten years pulp industry or pulp-related chemical industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including English fluency; Portuguese and/or Spanish language fluency desirable
- Ability to internalize organizational strategy and motivate and mentor an international team for collaborative success.
- Comfortable driving results in a high pace work environment and collaborating with a team on multiple continents
- Strong computer modelling, Tableau, Power BI, and advanced excel spreadsheet management skills.
- Persuasive speaker at all client levels
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (after travel is safe)
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity award
- Option to work from remote location
- Extensive training opportunities
- Career development plan
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Established client base and broad product line
- Collaborative and diverse culture
- Encouragement to propose new ideas for growth
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.