Our client is An Integrated Energy company and traders of Commodity and Energy products including, Oil, Gas, Power, LNG etc. based in Central London.
The role essentially requires a candidate with business/fluent Mandarin language skills. The successful candidate will also ideally have relevant work-based experience, and knowledge of the Energy trading industry and the accounting rules associated with this industry.
- Work closely with settlement and risk control to ensure correct booking of oil trading in SAP
- Prepare reconciliation of paper trading and post journals for cash settlement
- Prepare templates and postings for new leases following IFRS 16.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis needed for monthly/quarterly and annual closing (including local management report, and HQ analysis).
- Perform other analysis, ad hoc projects and duties as needed
- Provide support to increase efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and controls
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Fluent Chinese/Mandarin speaking is essential.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
- Partial or fully qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Background in Finance, Accounts or equivalent
- At least 3 years working experience of financial reporting and analysis, preferably within energy industry or commodity trading
- Sufficient knowledge in IFRS 16
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Experience of SAP
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive