Energy and Environment Manager - 12 month contract
Our client, an industry recognised and global retailer, is looking to recruit a highly experience Energy and Environment Manager who will contribute to the design, delivery and ongoing development of their Energy and Environmental strategy.
To be successful you must have demonstratable experience in delivering impactful energy and environment projects in a complex organisation, including the development, approval and implementation of effective business cases. Working knowledge of energy procurement and renewable energy (i.e. solar) would be highly desirable.
Responsibilities of the Energy and Environment Manager are as follows:
- Support the strategies aims by planning and implementing projects relating to energy, carbon and water reduction with a focus on energy procurement, renewables (i.e. solar) and colleague engagement.
- Coordination of key programmes, setting objectives and targets in conjunction with senior management
- Progress/KPI reporting
- Regular presentations and managing external consultants and internal team members
- Working with regional representatives and contributing to the business’s overall strategy to ensure smooth implementation
- Research and implement energy and environment innovations, especially regarding energy and carbon management and energy procurement, in order to provide the business with a commercial advantage and achieve cost saving targets alongside reducing its environmental impact
- Ensure all applicable legal requirements are met and deliver internal financial KPIs
The successful Energy and Environment Manager will possess:
- A relevant environmental/sustainability degree is essential (2.1 minimum)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a multi-site business
- Proven relevant experience in an energy / carbon role
- Technical practical knowledge of energy and carbon management, with experience of energy procurement and renewables (i.e. solar)
- Excellent programme and project management
- Experience of working in the transport or related industry would be advantageous
- Ability to translate and communicate technical information in a succinct, simple and engaging manner
- Passionate about climate change, energy and sustainability
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) as well as with teams (strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with different personalities)
- Results driven; a problem solver; proactive; a finisher
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Detail oriented, highly organized and excellent planning skills
- Confidence in working in a structured, traditional yet fast paced environment, with the ability to prioritise effectively (for you and your team) and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to apply logic and experience to new scenarios in order to give credible pragmatic solutions
- Track record of delivery through influencing and building strong relationships
- Managing teams (either directly or third parties)
Additional desirable skills/qualifications
- ISO 50001
- Energy and carbon reporting
- Energy trading and procurement
- Employee engagement and behaviour change
- External reporting and compliance (CRC, SECR, CDP, ESOS)
- Water management
- Brand / PR
- Renewables / technical energy management
- Membership to IEMA/Energy Institute
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.