Job Title: Gas and Water Operations Engineer
Reporting to: Gas and Water Operations Manager
Location: Midlands area
We are UKPS; a fast-growing, multi-utility Independent Connection Provider (ICP) with a national footprint. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS and WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to residential, commercial and industrial projects.
We are part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a Gas and Water Operations Engineer based in the Midlands or surrounding area. This is a remote role, with regular travel to customer sites and UKPS offices, so the successful candidate must be flexible with travelling and hold a full, UK driving license.
The Gas and Water Operations Engineer is responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the onsite installation of all GIRS and WIRS projects. The main responsibilities include:
* Ensuring that all work instructions and communications are consistent and clear
* Carrying out an overview of GIRS and WIRS Teams and accredited sub-contractors
* Ensuring that all standards are adhered to
* Reporting any technical issues raised to the GIRS/WIRS Technical Advisor.
* Ensuring that the GIRS/WIRS Teams and any GIRS/WIRS Sub-contractor Teams maintain records and evidence to demonstrate the networks are fit for purpose.
What we are looking for:
* A minimum of three years’ experience of gas and water operations in a GIRS/WIRS environment or similar.
* SHEA (Gas)
* SHEA (Water)
* Water Hygiene
* SCO 1,2 & 5 – Also preferably SCO 4
* SCMC Water
* Ability to work autonomously and manage own workload
* Can and will do attitude
* Excellent communication skills
* IT literate – able to use MS Office programmes and internal company systems
What we can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Company vehicle
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
* Life Insurance (3x salary)
* 5% Employer Pension Contribution
* Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
* Employee Assistance Programme