With a portfolio of over 35,000 properties, A2Dominion's vision is 'to be the best provider of high-quality homes and housing services'. Whilst we take a commercial approach to housebuilding, we reinvest all our profits into building more new homes and supporting the communities where we work. We provide affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people. We also offer high-quality sustainable homes for sale and shared ownership, available through our FABRICA by A2Dominion brand.
At A2Dominion Housing Group we are passionate and committed to transforming communities and changing lives and are creating a centre of excellence for buildings and compliance.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving our understanding and delivery of energy services across the A2D portfolio; ensuring Value for Money for both A2Dominion and our residents. Also, you will ensure energy use across the A2D portfolio is effectively managed. Consumption and costs are fully understood and clearly documented, measures to reduce energy use/emissions are identified, implemented and validated.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are satisfied. This includes the data required for corporate reporting and statutory compliance in respect of our owned/operated decentralised energy centres.
- Continually review the performance of A2Dominions portfolio including imported utilities, heat generated from our operated energy centres and installed plant/services including renewable technologies. This includes the use/development of property specific benchmarks, reports that can be used at property and group level.
- Maintain financial records to support our service charge process and carry out annual review of tariffs for heat generated and sold to our residents.
- Support A2Ds Utility team with the validation of invoices including technical support related to metering and data management.
- Provide strategic insight in support of the A2Dominion's property development process in respect of metering, utility management, specification of energy efficiency plant/services and renewable technologies.
- Develop and deliver internal training programmes across the group to highlight utility management/operational processes.
- Maintain an effective knowledge of current regulations and have an awareness of imminent changes to these regulations and their likely impact(s) - examples include electric car charging, heat metering and billing regulations, use of domestic and commercial heat pumps.
Education and experience
- Knowledge of energy efficiency issues, utilities, government incentives and other matters pertaining to energy markets, commercial/residential building energy efficiency, development and sustainability.
- Able to analyse large datasets/systems/processes and develop a programme of improvements based on the information provided.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
As an employee of A2Dominion, we want you to feel rewarded and have a choice of flexible benefits, salary exchange benefits, and rewards and discounts that work for you, wherever you are in your life. All permanent members of staff receive a generous annual allowance of up to £300 to use towards health and lifestyle benefits for both you and your family. You are also provided with discounted cycling equipment throughout the year, and you pay for them by monthly salary deductions. Employees are usually provided with grace days to cover the period between Christmas and New Year. Moreover, you will also receive 25 days annual leave.
Closing date for this role is Monday 26th October 2020