We are Uniper: an international energy company with about 11,000 employees.Job description:
We combine a balanced portfolio of technologically advanced large-scale assets with outstanding technical and commercial expertise.
These assets and capabilities enable us to deliver flexible, bespoke, competitively priced energy products and services with agility, precision and speed.
We are Uniper and we are building. Our energy asset projects are everywhere and we are developing our project execution capabilities. There are five new project positions...and this is just the start! We are seeking a Senior Project Scheduler to support the development and execution of Asset Projects at Uniper. Using your experience, you will work across functions to create and maintain schedules for managing projects on a day to day basis. This is a high-profile position and is integral to the successful development and expansion of our project capabilities. Would you like to join us?
The role holder will need to be flexible, adaptable, and confident and convincing in their knowledge and approach. You will:
- Create and maintain detailed logic linked and cost and resource loaded schedules for Asset Projects.
- Use a variety of scheduling and schedule risk software e.g. Primavera P6, MS Project, including interfaces with associated software e.g. Primavera Risk Analysis or Palisade@Risk.
- Present and visualise schedule roll ups for high level management reporting purposes.
- Use the schedule to support resource planning activities and identify and manage resource constraints.
- Work with and challenge, where required, the project team, suppliers and contractors to obtain the information necessary to maintain the project schedule.
- Analyse contractor schedules, assisting site teams in monitoring construction progress, and advising on delay claims with respect to schedule.
- Analyse critical paths and constraints to determine the effect of changes on the schedule, identifying possible workarounds to mitigate impacts.
- Analyse schedule progress and performance and identify and escalate developing problem areas.
- Academic qualification in science or engineering, with chartership or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of project scheduling on energy Asset Projects.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning and scheduling techniques, methods and application of schedule control tools.
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools and systems, including MS Project, Primavera P6 and risk management packages.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to succinctly present complex topics.
- Confident and assertive communication skills in an international environment and the ability to exert effective influence at all levels.
- Able to develop and manage effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, developing solutions that meet the project objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure in a Projects business.
- Owner-oriented mentality.
- Appreciation of cultural differences.
- Willingness to travel and work away from home.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer:
- Knowledge and awareness of traditional fossil, renewable and novel energy technologies.
- Project management qualification.
- International energy projects experience.
- Operational experience.
- Second language.
At Uniper we value a sustainable balance for the work done by our employees. Therefore, we offer extensive individual compensation packages consisting of a basic salary, a company pension and performance bonuses. At the same time we have flexible working hours including overtime compensation and working from home. Furthermore we are constantly updating many other benefits such as insurance policies, a discounted supply of energy, extra holiday and individual training opportunities.