GTT Training Ltd.
We specialise in providing high quality, technical training, focusing on LNG, its storage and use in the maritime sector and developing real time simulation and software tools, to support of the LNG industry.
GTT Training Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of GTT (Gaztransport & Technigaz) which is the world leader in cryogenic membrane containment systems used for the transport and the storage of LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas).
Based in the UK, we deliver our services and products to clients worldwide.
Job Title: Training Instructor
Reporting to: Training Manager
Company Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Candidate location: Isle of Wight or home address
If you have experience in the LNG or LPG maritime sector, ideally with some teaching background, and would be happy to work from your home, then this position maybe for you!
You will become a prime member of the training delivery team and be required to undertake the preparation and delivery of the various training courses that are within the company’s portfolio. Depending on experience this will include, but may not be limited to:
- Delivery of the training courses within the companies portfolio online, and at locations worldwide as required.
- Be responsible for the running of courses, and undertake the arrangements and administration in accordance with GTT Training’s quality management system, liaising with the GTT training support staff accordingly
- Maintain and update the content of existing courses so they continue to serve the requirements of the clients.
- Assist in the design and development of new courses that will be added to the training portfolio
- Communicating with potential clients and assisting in the promotion of the training portfolio
- Assist the software team with the development of the G-Sim simulator and associated support materials
- Liaising with Flag States and partnered training centers to achieve recognised or approved status for relevant training courses
Other roles you may be involved with:
- Speaking at international conferences
- Assist and advise, in a consulting role, for the commissioning of LNG fuelled vessels’ containment systems and associated fuel gas handling equipment
- Advising GTT’s project and development teams on practical vessel operations and impact on new design configurations.
- Assisting and working with international industry bodies including SIGTTO & SGMF
- BSc or higher in Marine Engineering or Maritime Operations and Management
- Class 1 Deck or Engineer Certificate of Competence (Marine)
A qualification in education, training or presentation skills issued by a recognised body
- (not strictly a requirement as training will be provided, but would be an advantage)
- Good understanding of:
- LNG containment systems and the applications in which they may be used
- The equipment fitted on LNG / LPG Carriers and vessels using LNG as a Fuel, and the operations that are conducted on such vessels
- The theory and practice of undertaking cargo operations on LNG / LPG Carriers
- An understanding of the use of LNG as a fuel would be beneficial
- A good knowledge of the IGC code, IGF Code, the ICS Tanker Safety Guide (Liquefied Gas), SIGTTO Liquefied Gas Handling Principles, SGMF and other related industry publications
- Good English speaker
- Be able to work within the UK on a permanent basis, from home address
- Senior officer, or superintendent of LPG or LNG Carriers and/or LNG fuelled vessels, though experience with other bulk liquid carriers (Oil, Gas Chemical) will also be considered.
- Be able to work independently, to tight deadlines, and prioritise workloads accordingly.
- Good communications and organisational skills
- Have experience in education or delivering training courses or able to demonstrate an ability to deliver presentations effectively
- Development of training courses and materials
- Experience in the use of simulators for training
- Familiarity with MS Office, and online meeting and conferencing applications
- Consultancy and or ship inspection work
- Ability to apply your knowledge and experience to other growing and emerging segments of the LNG industry