The role will work as part of a team undertaking fibre network planning and surveying to enable the delivery of optimised, ready to construct fibre network designs for our UK clients. The role will entail a combination of office based network design and field validation for telecommunication networks.
Working collaboratively with office based designers and our client’s construction workforce, the role will carry out surveys to assess works required to deliver the scope contained within preliminary network designs. Upon completion of the network survey, the role will have determined the civil and cabling requirements in alignment with technical specifications as well as other critical requirements such as NRSWA, consents or wayleaves, traffic management and HSE&Q.
Success will require the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders delivering all requirements to an optimum quality, at approved cost, and within agreed timeframes.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Carry out a physical site survey in conjunction with our client’s construction workforce to validate the constructability of preliminary fibre desktop designs.
- Assess and record all associated construction requirements in regards to NRSWA, consents or wayleaves, traffic management and HSE&Q.
- Create complete survey packs and provide all necessary feedback to office based network designers to enable to completion of Detailed Network Designs, Consents packs and Traffic Management Plans.
- Establish effective working relationships with our client’s construction workforce to ensure assigned survey work is scheduled and completed on time, reflects industry best-practice and complies with technical standards and legislative regulations.
- Work collaboratively with clients, customers, landlords, body’s corporate and other impacted stakeholders to ensure that proposed fibre designs are agreed to.
- Always deal with clients and customers in a professional and courteous manner ensuring all engagements reflective positively on RMSI’s brand.
- Comply with all HSE&Q policies and procedures and work with Team Managers, Project Managers and HSE&Q Advisors to ensure survey activities are conducted in a safe manner and that network designs comply with CDM2015 regulations.
- Contribute to ongoing business improvement and process development.
- A relevant Certification with at least 5 years proven practical experience in a related work environment.
- Street works, health and safety accreditations
- Experience working in the telecommunication industry (or similar).
- Experience in fibre network design, field survey & validation.
- Experience in civil construction practices (conduit, cable and jointing).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient in liaising with customers, clients and the general public