We have an opportunity available for someone who is Dual Fuel trained & experienced (including 3 phase), and is looking to progress their career within the Meter Installation industry and take on more responsibility in managing & supervising meter operatives.
Working within our ‘Midlands’ meter installation area (specifically within and around the Worcester & Birmingham areas in the West Midlands region), you will complete technical auditing of the operatives, and also carry out meter installation duties & associated tasks as and when required, including responsibility for any customer facing issues.
The role is home based, but as you will responsible for operatives within a defined geographical area, travel to, around & within the area will be required.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 42.5 hours per week + weekend on call as and when required, with a salary of £39,500 per annum.
- Provide site visit assistance and coaching to meter fixing operatives.
- Provide on-demand technical advice to meter fixing operatives both in and out of designated geographical area.
- Provide out of hours technical support to an agreed frequency, covering weekdays and weekends including emergency and business as usual.
- Identifying trends with operatives so training can be arranged to correct the shortcomings of the operatives concerned.
- Assist the Lowri Beck Field Operations Management Team by ensuring that direct and sub-contracted meter fixing operatives achieve and improve operational targets by maximising performance and customer service, plus any additional support that may be required by the management team.
- Carry out quality and compliance checks on meter fitting operatives, external auditors & external agencies (e.g. training providers) to an agreed frequency and standard, compliant with Lowri Beck’s MOCOPA & Gas Safe Register objectives.
- Conduct technical Tool Box Talks in association with Field Operations Management Team at an agreed frequency or as directed.
- Keeping operatives up to date with changes, and enforcing company procedures and standards to reduce non-compliances.
- Observation of new operatives coming out of training to assess training standards, reporting any concerns to assigned field manager & training team.
What we are looking for
- 18 months previous experience within the dual fuel meter installation industry, including previous experience of fitting single and 3 phase electric meters.
- Gas & electric qualification/accreditation in Metering.
- Full UK driving licence with a maximum of 3 points.
- Detailed knowledge of industry metering standards, including Gas Safe/IGEM codes of practice, IET wiring regulations & SMICoP.
- Computer literate with the ability to operate Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication, organisational & administration skills.
- Ideally live within the Worcester or Birmingham areas.
Lowri Beck, established in 1996 and now part of the Calisen group of companies, is an accredited Ofgem Approved Meter Installer (OAMI), gas Meter Assets Manager (MAM) & electricity Meter Operator (MOP), with the ability to offer nationwide meter provision, installation and maintenance service. Lowri Beck is also a meter reading agent, data collector & data aggregator, offering a full end to end dual fuel utility support service, supported by a contact centre. Lowri Beck’s vision is to “empower our people to deliver service excellence”, with their key strengths being flexibility & partnering. Lowri Beck is committed to working closely with clients to deliver tailored cost-effective solutions, which do not compromise quality, safety or service delivery.
Successful applicants and any offers of employment will be subject to successfully meeting our standard pre-employment vetting procedures, including; Eligibility to work in the UK check, basic Criminal Record Check (CRC), previous 5 year employment history check, identity check & home address check.
Please note this role is being handled by our internal recruitment team and no agency support is required at this time