EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Join us and be part of the energy for change.
Civil Engineer, Hinkley Point B, Somerset, Salary from £33,446 - £71,818 with Benefits.
We are looking to recruit a Civil Engineer to the Engineering Department at Hinkley Point B Power Station. The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of the Fleet Engineering standards and processes for safe and reliable operation of a nuclear power plant in accordance with all licenses, regulating bodies, company business strategies and industry best practices.
* As System Manager take responsibility for equipment reliability of assigned systems using core Fleet Engineering and Equipment Reliability processes.
* Ensure correct preventative maintenance programmes are in place to prevent unanticipated failures.
* Be responsible for System Health reviews, developing short to long term improvement plans, outage scope, defining Maintenance Policy, Maintenance Schedule changes, managing the PSR and lifetime management processes on their assigned systems.
* Monitor and evaluate system performance using feedback from key stakeholders and by conducting plant system walk-downs. Ensure station maintenance and investment strategies are aligned with plant needs with adjustments made as required to enhance health of the asset.
* Where civil issues are identified provide technical expertise and knowledge to troubleshooting activities ensuring robust corrective actions are in place to correct issues/prevent reoccurrence
* Ensure all activities are carried out with full regard to agreed safety standards and expectations, site licence requirements, statutory regulations, company and local directives, procedures and safety rules. All must comply with the Station Quality Manual so the prescribed service levels, standards and targets are met. Maintain knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards.
* Actively participate in the Online and Outage work planning process providing technical input as required ensuring prioritisation of work is based on the criticality of equipment and its potential impact on plant performance from safety, reliability and efficiency.
* Provide support to other station functions as required playing a pivotal role in Event Recovery and Operational Decision Making activities
* A member of the Engineering department reporting to a Engineering Group Head.
* Act as system manager and principal owner for the station civil infrastructure.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out with full regard to site licence requirements, statutory regulations, company and local directives, procedures and safety rules.
* Take responsibility for the integrity of the civil asset.
* Identify substandard conditions, assessment and documentation of associated risks and identification of cost effective solutions.
* Provide guidance and technical oversight to the station facilities management contractor and other key stakeholders involved in maintenance of the civil asset.
* Liaise with peers in other Engineering groups within the fleet, to share best practise and to continually improve local and fleet performance.
* Ensure station documentation and drawings are maintained and accurately reflect design and configuration changes.
* Monitor the health of the civil asset through Performance Trending, Plant Walk-downs and System Health Reviews as required.
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert in plant areas as designated
As a minimum, entrants will have a relevant HNC (or equivalent). Candidates with a relevant Degree may have an advantage.
Candidates will also be expected to have the following skills and experience:
* Project Management skills
* Communication skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Technical knowledge
* Organisational skills
* Previous experience as a Civil Engineer within an industrial setting
Competitive Salary & Benefits
The salary range is between £33,446 and £71,818,, with terms and conditions covered by the EDF Energy Nuclear Generation Company Agreement. The starting salary for this appointment will be dependent on your existing salary, competence, experience and qualifications. You will receive 28 days annual holiday plus bank holidays, incremental and competency based progression, a career average company pension scheme.
EDF is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses, and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.