Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Overview of the Role
This position is accountable for the management and delivery of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and for creating additional supporting documentation to support our RFP processes; including drafting RFI’s, pricing proposals, and ad hoc documents for external and internal clients. The role holds responsibility for independently managing and executing of projects that meet detailed client specifications and comply with local regulation. The RFP Lead will be interacting with product management and sales teams, and SMEs across the business to ensure product information and proposals are customized appropriately.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage, coordinate and lead RFP projects from initial receipt through RFP delivery.
- Write, edit, organize, and package responses to Request for Proposals in compliance with client requirements.
- Ability to lead RFP meetings with subject matter experts internally to ensure the sales positioning is meets the objective of the sales strategy aligned to each proposal.
- Accountable for the editing and proofreading of the final draft to ensure 100% accuracy of content, grammar, style and formatting.
- Develop and facilitate relationships with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Assist the Knowledge Manager in managing and updating database content with responses from recent proposals.
- Contribute to creating and distributing information on improving processes in proposal cycle to team and business partners.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally gained in a related subject i.e. Finance, Economics, Business etc...
- Significant RFP experience gained within Asset Management, including knowledge of the requirements and nuances of Institutional Clients in both Private and Public Markets
- Broad understanding of Asset Classes and products within Private and Public Markets
- Demonstrable product/investment knowledge
- German language skills advantegeous
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project and PowerPoint and RFP databases
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work
- Experience operating within a large, matrixed asset management organization preferable
- Strong sales and client service orientation
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information regarding specific product and technical topic; including accurately writing about a topic or concept immediately after introduction.
- Ability to interact with individuals throughout the organization, from technical staff to executive leaders
Regulatory registration required: No