A strategic key account manager with a robust background in the provision of Energy and Utilities services to commercial and residential property. The Energy Contracts Manager will work alongside Savills Property Management’s Sustainability and Commercial functions to manage and develop a client focussed Energy and Utility service.Critical Success Factors Will Include, But Not Limited To
- Developing and maintaining a Savills model for the provision of Energy and Utilities services.
- Integrate the existing energy consultant community to meet Savills strategic objectives. In doing so, ensure the continued delivery of agreed KPIs and operational performance as well as developing the provision of additional value added services
- Ensuring that, at all times, the model is scalable to accommodate business growth and is adaptable to forecasted changes in energy/utility generation, delivery and monitoring technology
- Assure the energy service offering to the business is efficient, timely, profitable and accurate. Ensure services provided meet the delivery needs of clients and that of internal stakeholders
- Act as the point of contact with regards to ensuring the compliance of Energy and Utility services with national legislation and company policy and troubleshooting key client account issues.
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Own and where necessary develop Savills property management Operations board strategy for Energy and Utility services.
- Prepare effective and appropriate management reports to brief senior staff in line with the business review schedule
- Through the ability to effectively influence, lead the energy consultant community in satisfaction of the Savills property management objectives.
- In conjunction with the Sustainability and Commercial functions develop, maintain and enhance client relationships (both internal and external), attending client meetings to summarise energy consumption reports and green tariff proposals as required.
- Design, implement and foster a company-wide standard for Energy and Utility service delivery across a range of pricing tiers
- Promote and inform on Energy and Utility Services to the Surveyor community, Front line delivery teams (managed sites), Regional Property Managers (non-managed sites) and the Operational support teams.
- As required, work with and support the CRMs (Client Relationship Managers) to develop tailored service offering for Savills clients.
- Hold responsibility for escalations and dispute resolution with regards to the service offering.
- Ensure that each service offering continuously meet the agreed Service Levels as specified within the applicable PMA (Property Management Agreement).
- Act as the Savills central point of contact for Energy and Utility services by:
- Leading negotiations to bring all Energy and Utility consultants on board under a Savills standard terms, framework agreements and KPIs.
- Attending management and performance review meetings throughout the UK.
- Attend meetings and lead workshops with Energy and Utility consultants, Property Management teams and clients at regional locations.
- Oversee the budget management and forecasting for each energy consultants.
- Working with the Sustainability Team, identify business winning opportunities and / or legal compliance requirements.
- Support the development and marketing of new service offerings in order to fulfil new business requirements.
Qualifications & Technical Abilities
- Highly effective influencer of people and teams
- Have a broad knowledge of the technical and operational aspects of energy/utility service delivery as well as that of associated supporting services
- Capable of communicating at strategic and tactical levels and across a range of subjects
- Discharge analytical and evaluation skills with strong attention to detail
- Retain a confident and professional appearance and approach in the working environment
- Adaptable personality who is capable of working in situations that have high conflict potential and is able to remain calm and assured at all times.
- Be willing to see the other persons point of view and work with strong personalities who they may not necessarily agree with
- Flexible worker and willing to travel through the UK and on occasion, at short notice
- Display effective personal and team organisation skills
- Have strong financial acumen, specifically with a robust understanding of budget forecast and P&L reporting
- Be a passionate and enthusiastic team player with a strong commitment to support and develop others
- Have an understanding of the broader subject of Sustainability and have a passion for energy and carbon reduction.
- Ideally 10 years’ experience in Energy and or Environmental Industry.
- Ideally a Member of relevant Energy Industry Body.
- Ideally Professional Management or Energy Management technical Qualifications e.g. Chartered Energy Manager.
- IT literate and familiar with the operation of Utility Reporting Software ( for example Systemlink, Digital Energy and Optima).
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Savills is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champion programme – ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.