We are working with a market leading commodities firm who are looking to bring on board a Market risk manager / Team lead to join the division in London.
Our client is a global upstream commodities house with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas.
The position itself will give the successful candidate the opportunity to become a key member of the Risk team, opening the candidate up to further career opportunities within the business down the line.
The successful candidate will bring industry experience and expertise, preferably with a strong knowledge of commodity trading activities (physical oil, LNG, gas, power and derivatives).
Examples of responsibilities to expect:
- Prepare and review of daily PNL and risk reports
- Ensure that all risk limits are adhered to and assist in implementing new limits when necessary
- Identifying the significant risk to the business
- Participate in enhancement and development of in ETRM systems;
- Contribute to the month and quarter-end activities with Back Office/Accounting for crudes and derivatives portfolios
- Frequent cooperation with the Refined Products market risk team and promote knowledge sharing between teams
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of work experience in Market Risk within a commodities house and excellent knowledge of commodities trading.
- Candidates must have experience managing a team.
- Strong knowledge of EMEA oil market and physical oil is a must
- Understanding of MS Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills, Matlab & SQL knowledge are advantageous
- Fluent in English (oral and written)