HSE Advisor, near Alton, £30,000 to £35,000
Our client, a leading engineering company within the energy sector, are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Advisor with exposure to COMAH regulations and a previous background in either the Oil & Gas, Petrochem or heavy engineering sectors.
- To provide HSE advice and support for all of Client sites.
- To monitor the company’s compliance with the requirements of the HSE Management System via site audits and inspections and gather statistics on HSE performance
- Although primarily centred round occupational health and safety the HSE advisor will understand the fundamental aspects of process safety and risk management.
- The incumbent will also provide support to the HSE Manager and may be required to deputise.
- Carry out regular site inspections and audits to assess and encourage compliance with Management System and follow up actions.
- Assume role of Site Main Controller as duties dictate
- Collate HSE data from site and operate and maintain HSE data as applicable.
- Lead and participate in incident investigations and monitor follow up actions as required.
- Conduct or participate in risk assessments.
- Monitor compliance to regulatory requirements and participate in maintaining sites COMAH reporting.
- Assist in the development of the HGEL HSE Management System.
- Provide HSE advice and support to Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Participate in safety meetings. Record and distribute relevant minutes and records.
- Act as deputy for HSE Manager
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Contract Management - Conduct or participate in HSE audits of selected contractors.
- Comply with HSE Management System and carry out duties in line with relevant duty statements.
Qualifications and Experience
- HSE Advisor with at least 4 years experience in the Oil and Gas sector or other engineering discipline.
- Recognised HSE qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Have knowledge and experience of environmental permits and compliance
- Experience of occupational safety requirements for onshore oil and gas operations
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Sound knowledge of UK HSE legislation
The position of HSE Advisor is paying a salary up to £35,000
Hours of work is Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Benefits: 10% Company Pension, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, PMI, Gym Allowance.
This role is commutable from Reading, Basingstoke, Alton, Winchester, Newbury, Southampton, Eastleigh, Petersfield, Christchurch, Ringwood.