Reporting to the Engineering Manager
Based in Solihull (West Midlands) with regular national travel
Who we are:
Sembcorp UK is an integrated energy business answering the UK’s complex needs through a range of low carbon, reliable, and fast generating power assets.
We are part of Sembcorp Industries, a Singapore-based group with a purpose and a passion to do good and play its part in creating a sustainable future. The Sembcorp Industries group delivers energy and innovative solutions that support development across the world and create value for all stakeholders, including the communities in which it operates.
The major industrial power plants at our UK headquarters at Wilton International on Teesside are complemented by a fleet of rapid-response, localised power stations situated throughout England and Wales. Sembcorp is also rapidly expanding its Merchant and Retail capability, running our UK assets in a more flexible manner, bringing them on and off line in response to the fluctuating UK market demand.
We own much of the available development land at Wilton International where we deliver high quality centralised utilities and services to a range of energy intensive manufacturers.
Our move into the UK distributed energy generation market came in 2018 and our fast-acting, flexible units, supported by significant battery storage capacity, help to keep the country’s electricity system balanced and resilient.
As the UK transitions towards a more sustainable future with the emphasis on renewable forms of energy, our flexible power plants already help offset the intermittency of renewables by supplying secure, low carbon electricity direct to the grid when it’s needed most.
As the Maintenance Planner, you will report the Engineering Manager and be responsible for leading the planning and scheduling of tasks within our CMMS system (Field Aware).
You will be expected to demonstrate the appropriate behaviours and commitment towards health and safety to ensure we maintain our first-class safety culture.
- Positively encourage a culture of working safely
- Continuously develop the CMMS system from infancy to maturity
- Continuously improve the way we utilise our CMMS system to ensure maximum engine performance and capture of compliance tasks
- Monitor quality of data being inputted into the CMMS system to give accurate asset history
- Conduct necessary inspections and investigations to determine the scope of each work task
- Manage status of work tasks
- Analyse the workload of operations team members
- Schedule work tasks considering the availability of the operations team
- Develop and maintain CMMS Maintenance plans for the assigned equipment
- Provide CMMS training as required
- Provide the engineering warranty claims team with data and expertise
- Ensure correct and up to date technical information is stored within the system
- First point of contact for the operations department for CMMS issues
- Remain up to date with all features and updates from the CMMS provider
- Seek opportunities to affect cost savings
- Maintain relevant maintenance performance measures in line with operations team and business requirements
- Provide weekly PM adherence reports
- Support projects and initiatives to support the operations group and wider business
· Prior maintenance scheduling experience gained from an engineering environment is essential
- CMMS management experience is required
- Advanced Microsoft (Office, Word, Excel) package skills are a must
- Experience of SAP would be advantageous
- Experience of Field Aware is preferred
- Warranty procedure experience would beneficial
- Energy industry experience would be ideal
- A relevant degree such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- A full driving licence is required
- Right to work in the UK is essential
The Maintenance Scheduler will be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. The role will require excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility to work nationally.
- £35,000 to £43,000 basic salary dependent on experience
- Discretionary performance-based bonus
- Pool car access for national travel
- Local Parking
- Bupa Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance x5 annual salary
- Nest Pension
- Perkbox & Solihull Bid Card (discount schemes)
- Annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and Development