Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Construction Manager
Location: South East London
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
We are part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
We are now looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing Construction Department. This is a mobile role with frequent travel to sites and UKPS offices. Candidates need to be based in South East London, or the surrounding area, to be considered for this role.
About the role:
The main purpose of the Project Manager role is to successfully deliver new electricity and gas connection projects from LV to 66kV and LP – MP.
This is a mobile role, with frequent travel to customers, sites and UKPS offices. To be considered for this role you must be based in Gloucester or Bristol or the immediate surrounding areas.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role:
· Manage and supervise internal and external staff; covering cable jointing, substation installation, excavation & reinstatement, cable installation, gas pipe installations, installation of pressure reducing installations commissioning and energisation
· Responsible for project safety, cost and quality
· Prepare Work Instructions, Risk Assessments & Method Statements
· Liaise with Local Authorities regarding street works
· Procure and control project materials
· Provide monthly project reports and ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
· Liaise with DNO’s & iDNO’s to complete final connections
· Liaise with and support both the client and UKPS team to ensure smooth project delivery
What we are looking for:
Ideal Qualifications / Experience
· 5 years’ experience in Electrical Project Management
· Experienced in managing internal and external labour for cable installation, jointing, switchgear installation and gas installation works
· Qualification in Electrical Engineering e.g. C&G, ONC, HNC & Degree (equivalent Engineering qualifications may be considered)
· SMSTS, ECS/CSCS, First Aid, Manual Handling
· Previous experience of power distribution or gas networks advantageous
· NRSWA Supervisor qualifications advantageous
Key Skills / Attributes:
· Solid organisational ability and strong influencing skills
· Ability to work effectively within a team, with good internal and external communication skills
· Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS
· Problem solver and solution provider
What we can offer you:
· Competitive starting salary
· Company car
· 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
· Life Insurance (3x salary)
· 5% Employer Pension Contribution
· Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
· Employee Assistance Programme