Salary: £60,000 - £80,000pa + Bonus + Benefits (Dependant on experience)
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of Profit and Loss (P&L) on a daily basis within a leading Global Energy Trading business.
This position sits on the Trading floor therefore the successful candidate will be interacting closely with commercial teams and other functions of the company. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high growth/fast-paced environment with exposure to Oil, Natural Gas and Power trading. The successful professional will have a Commercial / Entrepreneurial mindset, want to question why, and have a desire to automate processes.
- Generation and maintenance of daily P&L and gross margin reports.
- Operating several daily processes such as valuation models and end of day runs.
- Daily reconciliation of complex trading strategies, identification of the origin of valuation differences while adhering to strict daily deadlines.
- Analysis and attribution of daily P&L valuations.
- Responding, in a timely manner, to inquiries from management and trading personnel relating to differences between trader estimates and the official P&L.
- Collaborating with different functions (traders, schedulers, confirmations, …) to correctly model transactions in ETRMs and resolve issues that may affect the daily P&L.
- Perform mark reviews against third party sources to validate trader marks.
- Assist in the reconciliation of the trading activity throughout the complete trade lifecycle
- Develop ad-hoc position and/or valuation reports.
- Develop tools to gain in operational efficiencies through process automation.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Energy Commodities trading essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of Energy Markets and Risk Management.
- Past exposure to European Natural Gas, European Power and Oil liquids preferred.
- Knowledge in principles of option pricing and storage valuation methodologies.
- Understanding of key concepts in Foreign Exchange exposure.
- ETRM experience with Triple Point products preferred (CXL, Tempest).
- Demonstrated technical skills in Python, VBA and SQL.
- Previous experience in business intelligence and reporting tools (Crystal Reports, Tableau) preferred.
- Excellent quantitative, statistical and analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills, ability to extract and analyse root cause, ability to take the right decision in a timely manner.
- Very strong work ethics and high level of integrity, ability to appropriately escalate issues.
- Ability to communicate precisely, clearly and with the right level of details with all managerial levels
- Ability to manage autonomously ad-hoc projects from beginning to end, while ensuring a timely delivery
- Bachelor's degree required, MSc. preferred.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or a related fields preferred