Voltalia UK is rapidly expanding its portfolio of renewable projects in the latter stages of development and entering into construction and operation. To that end we are seeking an Asset Owner who will be responsible to oversee these assets and optimize their value to the business.
You will be responsible with the following responsibilities:
- Management of solar, wind, hydro and storage power generating assets the Territory through pre-construction, construction and operation phases, to the value of the assets for the business;
- Ensure that the assets are (i) financed in accordance with the most current, Investment Plan, (ii) constructed in accordance with the price, schedule and terms of the relevant EPC Contract, (iii) operated and in accordance with the price, schedule, scope and terms of the O&M Contract, Annual O&M Plan and Annual O&M Budget, (iv) kept safe and secure at all times, (v) administered in accordance with the relevant internal standards and procedures and applicable law and regulations;
- Achieve the objectives, execute the strategy, address the priorities, and comply with budget and priorities in to detailed operational and/or action plans for each of assets, and to facilitate and document the outcome of Annual Reviews and the implementation of action plans and recommendations stemming from those reviews;
- Act as representative of the Owner in front of EPC Contractor, O&M Contractor, Government Authorities, Offtakers, Suppliers, partners and other key manage the contractual relationships with regulators, suppliers and (both internal and external) and negotiate and resolve any stemming from such contractual relationships. And Build, foster and maintainand constructive relationships;
- Oversee the commissioning of the various assets, the mobilization of the O&M teams, handover from EPC to O&M teams and the execution of punch list items at the of construction, and ensure that all regulatory requirements and conditions precedent are met to put the assets in to commercial operation.
- Conduct regular asset reviews to track the technical and financial performance of the and prepare rectification plans or recommendations for each of the assets improve performance or address performance deficiencies and to oversee their implementation;
- Assume responsibility for the optimization of Voltalia’s assets in the UK, with a view the continual improvement in operating practices and indicators and the maximization the asset’s value over the medium and long term, including ambitious ideas such as exploitation of regulatory niches, re-negotiation of PPAs, extension of land rights acquisition), repowering, refinancing, etc;
- Build, foster and maintain relationships with local, national and regional authorities as well as other stakeholders, important to the successful finance, construction and operationthe assets in the Territory.
- Build, foster and maintain positive and constructive relationships with the various internal Business lines in the execution of their activities with respect to the various assets, as well as with the various corporate support functions operating from France and Portugal, most notably, the DEV, EPC and O&M BLs and the ASIF (Commercial) and Finance corporate functions.
- Implement appropriate oversight to achieve the HSE objectives set for the Territory and for each of the assets, ensure that appropriate HSE training is put in place for relevant employees, and ensure a continual constructive communication with employees to promote a culture of safety across all of Voltalia’s assets in the Territory;
- Ensure that the assets are constructed and operated in accordance with Voltalia’s quality procedures, that assets are kept secure, that operational procedures are adhered to, and to immediately report and rectify any such deficiencies;
- Manage the respective asset teams to ensure we have the necessary people, processes and systems in place, that all employees are aware of and aligned with the objectives and priorities for each of the assets, that there is a clarity of purpose and opportunities for professional development for those employees, and that those employees are well integrated into Voltalia’s activities and aware of and aligned with Votalia’s values and mission;
- Foster a lean, efficient and performant working environment within the various asset teams, where employees feel valued and are encouraged to contribute to solutions, and where a respectful, safe and collaborative work environment is promoted at all times.
- Previous experience in the UK
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience in the renewable energy field
- Proven track record in the asset management, construction and/or operation of energy projects
- Proven track record managing teams of +10 people
- Confirmed experience (+ 5 years) in solar power plants
- Confirmed experience (+ 5 years) in project management, PMP qualification is a plus
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree in a technical field and/or business
- Fluent in English, knowledge of another European language
- Attention to safety
- Integrity, autonomy, creativity and initiative
- Rigor, organization and ability to prioritize
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to efficiency and to continuous improvement
- Passion for performing on time and on budget
- Strong work ethic with drive to succeed
- Sharp negotiation skills
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts
- Commitment to promoting the success of others
- Positive attitude and motivational skills
- Team Spirit.