Hyperion Executive Search Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the energy storage, eMobility, renewable energy and cleantech markets. We have a simple purpose: To find the best people, for the best companies, achieving the best results, for the best possible future of the clean energy and mobility transition.
Hyperion Executive Search have been retained by a leading business in the flexible power generation and energy storage sector to recruit their new Procurement Manager.
Reporting to the Project Director, as Procurement Manager you will form part of an expanding team responsible for the development and delivery of flexible power generation and energy storage projects.
- Leading on the development of a mature procurement and contracting process.
- Supporting in the preparation of detailed project cost plans, in collaboration with the Project Manager and Project Engineer.
- Supporting in the preparation of client proposals and tenders for Behind the Meter projects, this will involve visits to potential customers alongside a Project Engineer or Project Manager.
- Leading procurement activities, establishing approved suppliers and ensuring proper governance and a robust ITT process.
- Supporting contractual negotiation, including negotiating MF/1, JCT, NEC3 terms & conditions, ensuring key commercial protections.
- Leading supplier management, including auditing, supplier visits, feedback and managing the approved supplier database.
- Undertaking contractual administration, including supporting in the preparation of contractual paperwork, ensuring proper contract management, and participating in any dispute resolution.
Experience and skills:
The successful candidate will need to be flexible, adaptive, and innovative in their approach, but also have a solid foundation of procurement and project management experience and be able to apply standardization and governance to the procurement process regardless of the project type.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in the procurement of subcontracted services and in the procurement of high value plant items, a background in multi-contract project delivery is essential and in particular experience procuring M&E and civil works packages. Knowledge of the UK Energy industry would be advantageous but is not essential provided there is a willingness to learn.
Given the business’ diverse portfolio and high volume of projects of varied scale, the successful individual will need experience managing the procurement of multiple works packages and equipment supplier agreements at once and to have the administrative skills to coordinate that process while ensuring proper governance. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate initiative and the ability not only to follow processes for procurement, but also a track record of establishing and developing a mature procurement process which will facilitate the growth of the business.
- Proven strategic procurement and sourcing experience.
- Negotiation and administration of construction and procurement contracts (MF/1, JCT, NEC3, FIDIC etc.)
- Management of contractual disputes, enforcing contractual rights.
- Strong administrative skills, the ability to manage multiple workstreams in parallel.
- Development of budgets and cost plans, a good eye for detail.
- Communication and personal skills.
- Ability to work using your own initiative and to prioritize effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development of a range of cutting-edge energy projects. The flexible power generation and energy storage sector is set for enormous growth in the coming years for both in front of and behind the meter opportunities and the business is exceptionally well placed to take advantage of this. They have a strong team of experts capable of becoming a market leader for delivering flexible energy systems.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of the procurement function. You will be able to build the processes and the team to aid their rapid growth and success.