Our Client is an exciting and growing Global Energy Trading business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for verifying trade details, monitoring pricing & fees, creating invoices, processing FX transactions, and communicating with counterparts on settlements for the European Natural Gas and Power trading desk.
You must demonstrate the ability to follow instructions and problem solve, possess good follow-up skills, and know when to escalate any issues, and to whom. Candidate should have the ability to look beyond specific tasks and ask questions relevant to their job function and demonstrate the use of sound judgment in decision making.
The analyst will be responsible for a majority of back office functions, which includes but not limited to:
- Communicate with Schedulers & Traders to ascertain correctness of trade details, timing of physical product movement, and resolution of trade discrepancies.
- Calculate, prepare and send invoices for provisional and final settlements.
- Ensure the wiring instructions are entered correctly in each Trading system and the General Ledger.
- Create and submit the settlement packets for cash payment and forecast.
- Call counterparts to obtain confirmation of daily cash receipts. Follow up on cash fails.
- FX Settlements
- Special projects upon request by management.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- At least 2 Years of Experience Settling European Power and Gas Trades.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be flexible with work hours.