We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to work within our Applied Technologies division, supporting the team in delivering commercial projects and bids on leadng new technologies.
Reporting to the Project Development/Project Portfolio Manager, you will have a demonstrable track record of successful in project / bid delivery with proven project management capability, ideally, within a relevant technical industry (aerospace, energy and/or ground-based transport development). Experience of managing customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs, delivery and quality are clear at all times are essential for success.
- Acting as the prime project interface, you will ensure the successful delivery of internal and external projects to meet customer expectations and business objectives
- Creating and maintaining a Project budget and schedule, you will drive projects through to completion working with cross-functional teams
- Identifying key project and product risk areas and developing and tracking mitigating actions for the team
- Negotiating and acquiring the necessary resources to achieve the project objectives
- Ensure KPIs are maintained and reported on a regular basis
- Establishing and communicating clear priorities among project activities and supporting Programme status reviews to customer and Senior Management
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies
- Manage change to preserve business plan commitments. Initiate Phase Reviews if objectives must change
- Contribute to the development, definition and implementation of winning bid strategies around customer evaluation criteria to maximise profit and deliverability, whilst minimising risk to the overall business
- Work with the business development and engineering to understand the major strategic opportunities that are emerging
- Bid Management
- manage bid requirements,
- manage the bid review (bid/no bid) process for new opportunities
- Manage bid team and inputs (cost, time, scope) from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from clients and business development, engineering, supply chain, finance, commercial/legal
- prepare commercial aspects of bids, including the identification and mitigation of contractual risk through collaboration with the internal commercial team
- Manage the timely development and delivery of bids
- Arrange post bid reviews and hand-over to project execution where contract is awarded.
Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to the company’s’ corporate objectives
- A recognised project management qualification
- An engineering degree or equivalent experience in a business or technically related discipline
Skills and Behaviours
- Passion for new technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiating skills
- Ability to operate under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills; must have excellent organisation with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to challenge and influence at a senior management level
- Must work well on their own initiative with energy and enthusiasm
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player with the ability to lead and motivate people
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 30 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards the onsite nursery for children under 3 years of age.