Planned/response maintenance and new works on various boiler, heating, plumbing and domestic water services systems.
- Carry out planned/response maintenance on various plant and systems including boilers, heating, plumbing and medium temperature hot water services.
- Installation of pumps, valves, cylinders and pipework on various heating and plumbing services and systems.
- Produce a quality end product first time with no re-work required.
- Qualify for entry in Skilled Persons Register.
- Organise work to minimise lost time, or non-productive time.
- Accurately record details of repairs and complete all corresponding documentation.
- Respond to emergency duty 24 hour call outs as and when required.
- Required to occasionally work in the field or on the mountain top radar sights.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or Management team.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent.
- Completed and passed an approved apprenticeship or attained a minimum of an NVQ level 2 in an appropriate discipline.
- OFTEC qualified.
- Familiar with all types of oil burning industrial and domestic boilers and heating systems.
- Experience and knowledge in all aspects on plumbing, cylinders and related pipework installations.
- Working knowledge of compressors, compressed air systems and steam boilers.
- Must be able to carry out new works from a written specification with minimum supervision.
- Good working knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good team communication skills.
- City & Guilds qualified Boiler and Heating Engineer.
- City & Guilds qualified Plumber.
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Self-motivated team member with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- CITB training qualifications.
- Working abroad.
- MOD environment
- Experience of POL environment
Interserve will pay a salary, monthly site allowance and a bonus at the 12th month. Hours of work are 47.5 per week. The contract duration is permanent, unaccompanied with 33 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company’s expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island.
- Falkland Islands (FIQQ 1ZZ)
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 47.5hrs
- 33 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Falklands Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = Permanent
- Site allowance: 5%
- Tour bonus: 10%
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security