Our client is an international energy consultancy who has operated for the past 20+ years providing a comprehensive range of consultancy services that support clients manage their energy strategy.
The company is dynamic and fast-growing, with an increased focus on the UK and European I&C and mid-market sectors and is undergoing an expansion program.
Based in their London office, the company is looking for a Risk Manager with experience within the energy sector to work alongside the Risk Management team to help the business continue its natural growth. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the UK and European energy markets alongside the capacity to work autonomously and in a team.
- Active management of Gas and Power Portfolio of European I&C clients, including hedging trades on behalf of client portfolios.
- Conducting regular calls with clients to update them on current market developments and performance of agreed risk management strategy.
- Contribute to the development of client risk strategies.
- Prepare reports outlining market & contract performance.
- Support the Operations and Sales team with client meetings and conference calls.
- Collaborate with other team members in preparation for client’s annual budget reports & contract tenders.
- Maintain and sustain relationships with energy suppliers.
- Daily liaison with other members of the risk & European ops team to provide information and ensure that customers receive excellent customer service.
- Ad-hoc requests.
- Experience of procurement in energy contracts – Desirable.
- Knowledge of European market flexible energy contracts - Desirable.
- EU wholesale energy market knowledge in UK, FR, DE, ES and IT - Desirable
- Good knowledge of both fundamental and technical analysis - Desirable
- Strong organizational skills with a good level of computer literacy - Essential
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills – Essential
- Fluent in relevant European languages & English – Essential
- Problem solver
- Client focused
- Attention to detail
The client offers a range of benefits and the chance for longevity and progression. This will be an office based role with the added bonus of flexible home working throughout the working week.