Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG, Crude and Oil products, based in Central London. They are recognised as one of Europe’s leading international Integrated Energy Trading companies who continue to grow and diversify with a huge commercial appetite!
We are seeking an experienced Product Control/Risk Analyst with experience in LNG, Gas & Power, and Oil Derivatives; to supervise the analysts in the team.
- Responsible for supervising the LNG Gas & Power, Derivatives and FX Analysts to ensure that the LNG Gas & Power and Derivatives position and P&L reporting and commentary including trading (secondary) costs (accrual, provisions and actuals), are meaningful, transparent and timely.
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, are within Trading Delegations of Authority, and to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day, including hedging of trading FX exposure. In addition to Delegations of Authority above, the further review in particular of the collation, monitoring and reporting on Hedge Plans in this area of the business.
- Reviewing market data, substantiating, and documenting attribution methodology.
- Escalation point for LNG Gas & Power, Derivatives and FX Trading DOA limit breaches, soft limit alert breaches and all further monitoring requirements as defined in the Risk Department.
- Providing management information and analysis as required and to proactively seek to provide business beneficial commercial analysis.
- Responsible for oversight of the LNG, Gas & Power, Derivatives and FX month end close process, including MI to accounts reconciliation; Responsible for calculation/maintenance of fair value adjustments (FVAs) for use in Finance teams.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of controls and reporting prior to commencement of LNG, Gas & Power, Derivatives and FX operations, and ongoing development thereafter.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining control processes for structured product modelled transactions; responsible for validating the initial bookings of structured product model inputs into models developed by Market Risk.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth.
- Regular and active contributor to the wider Risk Team weekly and ongoing Risk meetings and discussions.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate representation for New Business initiatives for this area of the business.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree level education, preferably in Finance/Banking/Mathematics/Chemistry/Engineering
- Professional qualifications (Accounting, ERM, CISI) an advantage
- Professional background in Commodities/Derivatives Product Control and/or Market
- Risk (or trading)
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience.
- Very strong understanding of risks (i.e. Greeks) and P&L attribution in the context of options and structured LNG, Gas and Power products.
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls.
- Track record of improving existing procedures.
- Experience in LNG, Gas & Power, Derivatives and FX products and markets.
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth.
- Project management experience.
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.