EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Procurement Specialist, Edinburgh, Competitive Salary & Benefits
A new opportunity has arisen within EDF Renewables for a Procurement Specialist to manage procurement activities for Onshore Renewables in Ireland. Based in EDF Renewables' Edinburgh Office the procurement activities include identification and selection of suppliers, negotiation and award of contracts, preparing purchase orders and contracts for goods, works and services in consultation with the wider EDF R team in accordance with best-value and approved company procedures. Periodic travel to EDF Renewables Ireland's Dublin Office and Irish project sites will be required.
The EDF Renewables ambition is to be a distinctive and recognised leader in the UK and Ireland, developing our assets under operation to c.5GW by 2030. As part of the CTO the EDF Renewables Construction Procurement Team provides procurement support for all projects. This role is primarily required to deliver the procurement activities related to construction activities of our projects in Ireland.
Day to day the successful candidate will be an experienced Procurement Specialist who will:
- Lead on contract negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the business whilst managing risk.
- Support the CTO procurement team to initiate and implement procurement plans, including obtaining buy-in from key internal stakeholders.
- Perform regular reviews of the performance of framework contracts within their market areas (i.e. goods supply or component refurbishment suppliers), where applicable.
- Support the commercial management team with warranty claims, disputes, contract amendments and variations.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to demonstrate the abilities to manage procurement activities on business systems (e.g. SAP) and acting as a point of reference for business users. Your skills and experience will ensure the post delivers targeted cost savings and operational improvements to benefit the operational assets and their key stakeholders. You'll ideally hold a degree in quantity surveying or related discipline with a commercial background and ideally have previous experience in the renewables sector. You'll have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to share the cultural values of EDF Group, of honesty, integrity and cooperation.
You're driven by high standards of work and professionalism and will also have high expectations for yourself and the team. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are a self-starter. You can maintain a clear head and efficient manner throughout periods of increased pressure, and are accustomed to a fast paced working environment, acting with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines spanning multiple and complex legal projects.
The Procurement Specialist will develop and manage relationships with key suppliers, in order to improve supplier performance and promotes a partnering approach to managing contracts, attend key supplier meetings as and when needed.
You have an exemplary reputation for ethics and integrity, solid judgment and business acumen.
- Preferably a degree level qualification in quantity surveying (or similar) and the ability to demonstrate strong supply chain and procurement experience.
- Highly desirable, MCIPS or RICS qualified (or working towards full membership).
- Experience of working in an project team environment, ideally with a Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying background.
- Experience in working in the Renewables sector.
- Proven ability to conduct successful tender negotiations with suppliers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of procurement management and a proven track record.
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills, working knowledge of contract law.
- OJEU regulatory experience desirable along with working in the Ireland market.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables is part of one of the world's largest electricity companies and our investment and innovation in the UK is bringing down costs for consumers and bringing significant benefits for communities. With our operating portfolio of 36 wind farms and battery storage unit (almost 1GW) across the UK, from the Scottish Highlands to Northamptonshire, we are providing some of the much needed new affordable, low carbon electricity to the UK.
Work is well underway on the 450 MW Neart Na Gaoithe offshore wind farm project which is in the Firth of Forth and we've extended our Edinburgh office to accommodate around 60 new team members. We have more than 2 GW of renewables projects in planning and development and a quarter of those are consented. We also have offices in Rainton Bridge near Durham and in London.
We know our people are our most valuable asset and we work hard to create a great place to work. This means we're focused on creating an inclusive and fulfilling working environment, where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to thrive.