Our client, an Operator based in Aberdeen, has a requirement for a SCM Category Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
The Category Analyst will be accountable for the effective management of third-party spend across related categories throughout the full category management lifecycle. This role will deliver category, contracting and supplier management strategies to optimise business value.
* Accountable for the effective management of assigned categories throughout the full category management lifecycle.
* Play a facilitating and supporting role on cross-functional category teams focused on integrated value creation.
* Manage the 'end to end' sourcing process; Plan (business needs, market analysis, supplier qualification and contract strategy), Source (tender pack co-ordinaton, tender evaluation, negotiation and award) and Manage (contractor relationships and performance management) for assigned categories.
* Maximise supplier performance through robust performance scorecards, KPIs, and supplier relationship management to develop sustainable competitive advantages.
* Support the business with market intelligence and influence the development of company plans on the basis of this information.
* Review and amend category strategies to account for business and market changes.
* Develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies to address security of supply risks.
* Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
* Proactively participate and provide support to Environmental, Health, Safety, and Social responsibility initiatives.
* Manage and maintain SCM databases, such as SCIMITAR and Maximo.
* Contract administration including amendments, rate reviews, variations, milestone payments, completion/handover obligations, dispute resolution, P2P (Purchase Orders/Call Offs from approved requisitions, applying appropriate diligence in pricing and T&Cs)
* Collaborate with other Supply Chain members in order to maximise opportunities across the categories and assets.
Build strong positive networks amongst internal and external stakeholders
Education, Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering
* Alternatively suitable industry experience
* Oil and Gas Operator and Service Company Experience preferably in the Indirects Category.
* Category management, including strategy development, sourcing and contracting.
* Supplier development, including supplier collaboration and continuous improvement.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Knowledge of standard forms of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in North Sea Oil and Gas industry.
* Microsoft Office - Excel, word and Powerpoint
* Use of systems such as Maximo and e-Procurement products.
* Communicates openly, effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders including external partners, teams, colleagues and contacts.
* Maintains positive working relationships with partners. Works effectively within a team or work group as appropriate.
* Provides support and contributes to the performance of the business.
* Manages own workload and, where applicable, seeks support.
* Takes ownership of own performance and development.
* Persuades and influences peers and managers through consideration of their interests, involvement and consultation.
* Explores, develops and promotes alternative work methods to improve performance within team and business unit