EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
EDF Renewables UK ("EDF RUK") is one of the UK's leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind power and battery storage technology. EDF RUK develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other renewable technologies throughout their lifetime. The EDF RUK portfolio of nearly 1,000 MW consists of 35 wind farms - including two offshore wind farms - and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe. In addition, EDF RUK is seeking to deliver further growth from its own development pipeline or though securing new acquisitions of projects and has more than 2GW consented, in planning and development.
In line with our growth plans, we are seeking two Portfolio Optimisation Managers (onshore and offshore) to join our Leadership Team based Rainton, Durham.
Reporting to the Asset Operations Director, the successful candidates will have responsibility for managing multiple renewable assets within our fleet, whilst optimising operational and commercial performance and driving optimal performance which is underpinned by technical competence.
Day to Day you will:
* Ensure the contractual compliance with all commercial agreements as well as stakeholder relationships to include; equity investors, OEMs, Independent Engineers and landowners.
* Responsible for ensuring that asset performance reviews are completed and any issues are actioned.in coordination with the O&M; team as well as the OEM team. Monitor and challenge the operational performance and optimisation metrics to achieve the portfolio's highest possible availability of generation.
* Responsible for the completion of periodic asset reviews, formalising all the operational status of the asset, statutory compliance and integrity & life expectancy statements.
* Prepare and manage internal and external forecasts & budgets, financial and operational variance reports, and other ad hoc reports as needed, relevant to their allocated sites.
* Profit & Loss accountability of assigned renewable energy assets.
* Responsible for the submission of project investment papers and business case justifications.
Our Portfolio Optimization Managers will act as the technology lead providing the operational support for the development of new renewables assets to meet the ambitious growth of the business. Ensuring that operational experience is used to the advantage of the new business cases you will be able to demonstrate excellent management and influencing skills combined with technical insight and advice, either from the renewables or a similar capital heavy industry.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
* University Degree qualified in either Engineering or Business discipline, or equivalent, but with strong experience in asset management of generation assets.
* Experience in an Energy company, Advisory or Investment group looking after a group or portfolio of assets or sites.
* Must be a team player and able to demonstrate experience successfully dealing with peers, management, cross functional groups, project stakeholders and unaffiliated third parties.
* Understanding of energy markets, policy & regulation and knowledge of renewable generation specific applications and opportunities.
* Able to work effectively in Microsoft software programs, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Prior project management experience administering energy projects and/or project financing of renewable energy projects.
* Fast learner who is able to gain a quick understanding of operability and performance expectations of any company' renewable energy technologies.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus. Although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Why EDF Renewables?
We're proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We're about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours - Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.