SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.Job Description
- Job Title: Casual Jetty Operator
- Job Type: Casual – 0 hours
- Job Location: Belfast
- Remuneration: As a Casual Jetty Operator, you’ll receive a rate of £10.24 per hour
As a Casual Jetty Operator you’ll be responsible for undertaking Terminal & Jetty operations, ensuring that operational and client requirements are met and in compliance with Client and SGS procedures. You will also ensure that tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, minimising any potential hazards, allowing the safe discharge of vessels at various locations.
- Monitoring of terminal storage tank levels whilst product movements are in progress to avoid under or overloading.
- Pre-arrival and post departure checks, clean-up of jetty area to maintain good housekeeping for the client.
- Provide cover at various jetties throughout Northern Ireland as and when required.
- Provide information for incident investigations as required ensuring continuous improvement and H&S standards are maintained.
- Awareness at all times and reporting of all observations of defects, near misses and incidents that could have or did compromise health, safety, environment, plant integrity or security.
- Willing and able to work unsociable hours.
- Possess effective interpersonal, team working and time management skills (operating to often conflicting/tight deadlines).
- Be able to perform often physically demanding outdoor work.
- Have experience in a Oil and / or Chemical related industry, or alternatively offshore, shipping, sea going experience or a relevant science/nautical qualification and a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Hold a valid driving license.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.