Would you like to join a growing, successful Energy Storage team? Energy Storage investments are growing exponentially and are expected to continue in the coming years.
RINA is an independent global engineering business, specialising in offering consulting engineering services through investment support and technical advisory for the renewable energy market. We offer a complete package of services to investors, lenders, IPPs and developers.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to support our own growth in this exciting sector and build on our success to date. You will find yourself working on a range of energy storage projects including interacting and overlapping with other teams in our renewables business unit. At RINA we work flexibly across borders so you can expect to work on projects in multiple geographies, including occasional travel and client meetings.The role
The role will be focused on delivering services in the Energy Storage sector, including feasibility, design, technical due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance testing, performance and operational services, as well as winning and delivering new projects across the globe. Responsibilities include:Delivery
- Deliver projects in the UK, Europe and globally
- Assist with and coordinate the production of proposals and winning new work
- Proficiency in proposal and report writing, ensuring delivery of quality reports produced in English
Setting the standard
- Project manage large and/or complex pieces of work
- As the team grows, you will be expected to contribute to growth, taking on new responsibilities in markets or sectors and supporting the smooth running of the team.
- Collaborate with the wider teams across the Group, including technical head, country heads, and service leads
Qualifications & experience
- Progressing our best practice and working standards for consulting within RINA
- Developing in-house tools for delivering and managing work effectively
- Establishing guidelines for consultants to follow and training them to achieve a consistent approach/output
- Bachelor's degree in STEM subjects, Master's degree in related subject advantageous
- Proven experience in consulting/managing clients/service delivery, specific experience within the renewable energy sector preferable
- Proven experience in stand-alone and hybrid energy storage systems and technology
- Understanding of energy storage applications, revenue streams and current trends
- Capability to model or simulate energy storage operations
- Data analytics with relation to battery system testing and operation
- Electrical energy storage technology, engineering and consultancy from residential to utility scale
- Experience and/or contacts in in electricity policy and networks beneficial
- Communicating and reporting on technical findings, summarising key results and impacts for non-technical audiences
- A strong understanding of the technical, contractual and commercial potential for revenue streams applicable to energy storage systems
You will be a highly professional and aspirational Energy Storage Engineer with a drive to deliver technical excellence to match the RINA renewables team ethos. You will be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem solving skills and a collaborative approach. You will be keen to develop your skills taking this opportunity to progress in a growing specialist team. As an exceptional communicator you will have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You will thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.
Your customer focus and sound technical judgement will equip you to achieve your project objectives. You will know the best way to manage your projects and apply your knowledge of project management methodologies and practices daily. You will work well in all scenarios and as a ‘self-manager’ take satisfaction from using your initiative and taking accountability.Benefits:
As part of our growing global team you’ll find yourself working with world-class professionals and clients in a variety of market sectors. As well as that you will be rewarded with:
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays)
- Healthcare cover
- Matched 6% pension
- Life Assurance
- Professional development to become chartered
- Pay for professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee perks – retail discounts
- Recruitment referral bonus
- 4 half days paid leave for STEM Ambassadors
- Private insurance