Meter Performance Analyst
Perm - Full time
Salary Range £20,000-£26,000 dependant on experience.
My Client is a UK based direct marketer of energy, to individual consumers. they offer products, services and solutions through our dedicated sales force, customer service team and direct marketing channels.
They also plays a valuable role in the energy market. While we provide comprehensive solutions for our customers’ energy needs, the business model is to supply our customers with energy at an honest price at the same time as helping them reduce their energy usage wherever possible, helping to reduce the impact on our environment. Through them, customers can enjoy deals on both gas and electricity supplies either by prepay or direct debit.
The key accountabilities of the Meter Performance Analyst are, but not limited
- Analyse data submitted by third party agents to ensure that data gaps are bridged to positively impact the Regulators’ view of the portfolio to ensure that it remains within acceptable tolerance of targets.
- Analyse and resolve queries from XOSERVE/CNG relating to Annual Quantity (AQ), metering and consumption issues.
- Analyse portfolio data to minimise volume profiled using estimated consumption provided by the industry and highlight meters where actual meter readings are required to be submitted to the industry.
- Assess consumption trends of meters in the portfolio within the supply period to ensure that volume settled with the industry reflects the customer’s usage accurately and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with BSC Agents i.e. MAP, MOp and DC to ensure that the metering performance continues to meet business and regulatory targets and comply with license conditions for both Electricity and Gas portfolios.
- Validate Metering related charges received from Meter Asset Providers (MAPs), Meter Operators (MOp) and Data Collectors (DC) inclusive of Data Retriever’s (DR) activities to ensure that payment will be made accurately.
- Reconcile Meter data in the portfolio to industry central databases to ensure records are aligned and action taken where appropriate to update records.
- Interact with key stakeholders throughout the business and third-party agents to ensure that our metering performance and metering related costs are efficiently managed and meet regulator’s targets.
- Perform trends, variance and gap analysis as well as able to create data models integrating to existing reports, processes and systems.
- Document processes performed by the team inclusive of all updates made.
To be successful within this role, the ideal candidate will –
- Be able to analyse data efficiently in EXCEL (VBA, Power BI, formulae, SQL etc.).
- Have experience in performing financial analysis and modelling i.e. trend, gaps, variance etc.
- Have strong communication and presentation skills; written and verbal.
- Work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Be a competent user of Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel.
- Adhere to Principles & Values.
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to deliver results & meet customer expectations.