EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Join us and help Britain achieve net zero.
Instrumentation & Control Training Instructor, Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater, Competitive Salary & Benefits.
Join us as the Instrumentation & Control (I&C;) Training Instructor within the Nuclear Skills Alliance (NSA). You will prepare and deliver training in I&C; and Electrical disciplines, using a hybrid approach of classroom and plant simulator environments, to facilitate the growth of knowledge in this area for our Nuclear Development and Generation business units. You'll join a team where your peers have a wide variety of skills, experience and knowledge.
You'll have responsibility for I&C; and Electrical instruction, as well as being developed by receiving training on the job. You'll be mobile to allow you to deliver training where required, ensuring Nuclear Generation and Nuclear Development personnel have the required knowledge, in the I&C; and Electrical areas, to carry out their roles to a high standard. You'll ensure technical accuracy of material, adherence to the training standards / procedures and excellence in quality of delivery.
As the I&C; and Electrical instructor for our Generation and Nuclear New Build/Hinkley Point C business units, you'll have the opportunity to make a major impact on the performance of the organisation, through the application and delivery of SAT (System Approach to Training) training programmes, supporting the NSA skills pool to meet the needs of the business. Working closely with business units to assist in the effective knowledge transfer within the workforce.
The key duties you'll perform are:
- Development and delivery of training material.
- Deliver training in classroom and plant simulator environments, as well as providing coaching and mentoring of trainees to expedite learning.
- Act as course coordinator for I&C; and Electrical Training Programme courses.
- Responsible for leading and delivering training to groups from 1 to 20 people, depending on the subject and environment.
- Act as the subject matter expert for their area and demonstrate a deep understanding of the relevant technologies to become the company expert and representative in their area.
- Ensure company values, Safety and OpEx are embedded throughout the training, training material and lesson plans.
- Communicate with line managers for the successful development of competence within their staff.
- Maintain relationships with both generation and EPR stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) for development of material.
- Communicate with external contractors if required to provide training support services.
- Fully contribute to the business plan of the NSA and NNB in support of achievement of our company organisational goals.
You'll have the following knowledge qualification and experience:
- HNC or Higher level qualification, in a relevant technical subject.
- Strong level of modern Instrumentation & Control practical experience.
- Understanding / ability to learn Modern I & C Framatome, Siemens, technology.
- Electrical practical experience.
- Individuals would normally have experience of working in the field of Power Generation, however relevant experience in other related industries would be considered.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills.
- Ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to latest technology.
- Ability to function effectively in a team.
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve technical problems.
- Strong mentoring and influencing skills.
Desirable (dependant on industry experience)
- I & C Software biased experience.
- Experience of the delivery of high quality technical / practical training.
- SAT (System Approach to Training) process knowledge.
- Knowledge of modern learning methods and media, experience of bringing these to bear in the development and delivery of training.
- Holder of a recognised teaching/training qualification.
- Experience in customer and stakeholder relations.
- A good understanding of the key aspects of nuclear power plant systems and operation.
- A good understanding of Electrical theory and the components used in large plant industries.
- A good understanding of Control systems used in large plant industries.
- Chartered professional within a relevant discipline or working towards chartered status.
We're an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being.
We're about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're proud to be the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. We believe that, together, we can create a cleaner, low-carbon future.
Join us. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.