DescriptionJacobs are currently recruiting for a Decommissioning Consultant with extensive experience in the nuclear industry to join our Decommissioning Service business. Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan. Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies. What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment. The business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy, engineering and project management support, along with delivery of challenging decommissioning related EPC projects, to major clients in the UK across both the civil nuclear and defence industries, including Dounreay, Sellafield Limited, Urenco and Magnox.Overseas, we are delivering similarly interesting and exciting projects across the globe including project for clients in Central and Eastern Europe and Japan. We are very proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements will enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term. We also deliver a number of projects for other private companies and academia needing decommissioning solutions The successful candidate will be a senior engineer / consultant with a proven capability to lead and coordinate teams, or provide technical consultancy, to support complex decommissioning challenges. Primary expertise will be in the decommissioning of legacy nuclear facilities (ideally including reactor segmentation and support systems), with skills across wide ranging strategy, planning and implementation activities. Understanding of engineering, radiological, regulatory and project requirements will be key. The successful candidate will have experience in project preparation and delivery, having a good working knowledge of technologies and techniques to deliver legacy facility decommissioning, demolition and land remediation. Experience in cost estimating, schedule preparation and risk analysis will be key to the delivery of decommissioning solutions and will be essential for the successful candidate The project responsibilities will be varied and challenging throughout the project lifecycle, including definition of technical aspects in bidding strategies, through design to implementation of projects at site. Preference is to be based in our Birchwood office in the North West of the UK, although not essential for the right candidate Qualifications
Additional qualities -
- Degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline -
- Member of a professional institute and chartership preferred
- Experience in nuclear industry - Decommissioning specific experience - Proven experience of team working and stand alone consultant roles - Decommissioning focused
What do you get?
- Experience of project delivery/implementation -
- Development of technical strategies -
- Ability to work with people at all levels – including Client and Suppliers
- Good communicator (Japanese language skills would be advantageous)
- Ability to work as member of a team - Capable of working on own initiative - Flexible to meet the needs of project milestones - Confident and assertive - Flexible location to support client needs
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood: For you:
For our communities:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance
- We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
- For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.