Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of Work:
Full time, contracted to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As soon as possible. An indication of the notice period you are required to work out (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date should be identified in your application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do. We employ around 90 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
We are at the leading edge of a number of areas of environmental policy which are critical in the eyes of governments, and we punch well above our weight in terms of influence on public and private sector clients alike.
The successful applicant will work predominantly in the areas of waste operations and resources management. You will be involved in multiple projects simultaneously, including supporting UK local authorities, overseas municipalities and waste contractors to improve their services in response to changing policies and pressures.
You will act as a technical lead across a range of projects and opportunities, applying your subject matter knowledge to our clients’ problems. You will also pro-actively lead business development activities within your area, drawing on resources and expertise from across the business. You are likely to undertake bid development, client relationship management and line management duties as part of your role.
You will be comfortable handling a large and varied workload whilst simultaneously managing a number of key client relationships. You will be a creative problem solver, who is flexible and open to new ideas, but grounded in operational reality. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- At least 5 years’ experience, in which you have delivered substantial projects, often working across several projects at once, where work has been completed to time, budget and client satisfaction in at least three of the following areas:
- Comparing household waste collection options;
- Local authority waste strategy;
- Implementation of new waste collection services;
- Waste transfer station and/or HWRC policy or design improvements;
- Waste service efficiency improvement;
- Impacts of partnership working in waste collection/treatment;
- Commercial waste services; and
- Waste treatment and sorting;
- Demonstrable experience of inspirational leadership and line management;
- A track record of supporting and training junior colleagues; and
- A strong current network within the UK waste sector.
- A relevant professional qualification;
- Experience of designing or advising on the design of mathematical models of waste services;
- Experience of successfully managing complex projects;
- Experience working within the consultancy business model;
- Demonstrable experience of commercial success and business development, in which you have set and delivered income generation targets in excess of £50k per year; and
- Experience leading or managing a small team or department.
Remuneration: Bristol & Manchester based: £33,500 to £50,500 depending on skills and experience.
London based staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
- Private healthcare;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Group pension;
- Death in service scheme; and
- Income protection scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
- A formal covering letter should be submitted (1-2 pages of A4) in a word format, not PDF addressed to Peter Jones summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
- A completed application form to be submitted in a word format, not PDF which should be downloaded from http://www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia/
- The deadline for applications is 09:00am, 08 October 2020.
- If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online numerical Reasoning test ahead of first interviews.
- First interviews will be held by video conferencing and are anticipated to be in w/c 19 October 2020. First interviews will consist of question & answers.
- Second interviews, if required, will be w/c 26 October 2020.
- Interview dates may change slightly depending on the demand of the recruitment process.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: jobs @eunomia.co.uk | 0117 917 2250
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no. 4150627