Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 08:00 - 18:00.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do. We employ around 90 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
We are at the leading edge of a number of areas of environmental policy which are critical in the eyes of governments, and we punch well above our weight in terms of influence on public and private sector clients alike.
You will be involved in a range of activities including project management, bid management, client relationship management, line management and acting as technical lead. You will also undertake complex excel based modelling, desktop research, and technical report writing. You will be involved in or lead multiple projects at once. These may involve supporting local authorities in developing carbon baselines and decarbonisation plans, working with businesses to reduce their carbon footprint, or supporting national or supranational governmental bodies to develop emissions reduction policies.
You will be flexible with a strong work ethic, and feel comfortable simultaneously leading and delivering a number of technical projects and bids under pressure. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- Good technical understanding of GHG emission modelling, strengths and weaknesses of various carbon accounting standards;
- At least three years’ experience of:
- undertaking GHG emissions analysis/modelling to time, budget, and client satisfaction; and/or
- developing decarbonisations plans or strategies;
- Excellent research & data analysis skills, including manipulation of large datasets;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing; and
- Demonstrable experience of applying creative, practical, common sense thinking to solve real-world problems.
- Experience working within the consultancy business model;
- Experience working with local authorities and/or analysing territorial emissions at a sub-national level;
- A current network of potential clients, partners and sub-contractors in this technical area;
- A demonstrable commitment to continuous learning and improvement so as to achieve high standards; and
- Experience leading or managing a small team or department with its own income generation targets.
Bristol & Manchester based: £30,000 to £45,000 depending on your skills and experiences from multiple projects.
Staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
- Private healthcare;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Group pension;
- Death in service scheme; and
- Income protection scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter should be submitted (1-2 pages of A4) in a word format, not PDF addressed to Peter Jones summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia. The application process will be blind, so please try to avoid including any identifying information in your cover letter (i.e. name and address).
- A completed application form to be submitted in a word format, not PDF which should be downloaded from http://www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia/
- As this is a blind application process, CVs will not be considered. Any applications without a completed application form and covering letter will be rejected. Any applications that do not follow the above will be rejected
- The deadline for applications is 09:00am, 08 October 2020.
- If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online numerical reasoning test ahead of first interviews.
- First interviews will be held by video conferencing and are anticipated to be in w/c 19 October 2020. First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and you will also be asked to prepare a short presentation, the topic will be given upon invitation to interview.
- Second interviews, if required, are anticipated to be w/c 26 October 2020.
- Interview dates may change slightly depending on the demand of the recruitment process.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: jobs @eunomia.co.uk | 0117 917 2250
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no. 4150627