Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 08:00 – 18:00.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
We specialise in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, circular economy, low carbon energy, marine planning, natural economy and climate change mitigation. With the continuous increase of environmental issues across today’s headlines, these fields are gaining momentum on a global scale and like our specialisms, we too are growing as a business. Eunomia currently has over 90 employees worldwide, working across a range of offices throughout the UK and Europe, New York and Auckland.
Our desire to lead by example, and our enthusiastic and supportive team, makes Eunomia a stimulating and rewarding place to work.
Description or roles:
We are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to support the growing portfolio of projects within our Policy Team. The successful candidate will help manage and deliver projects across a range of topic areas, including: air quality, waste and resource management, marine plastics and microplastics, environmental policy design, energy and sustainable business. Whilst we do not expect our PMs to be ‘technical’ experts, it is essential to have some understanding of all these issues in order to efficiently discharge the primary role of project management. In-house training will also enable the successful applicants to develop their knowledge and understanding. What is essential is that the candidate can identify the key strategic issues, and can challenge those delivering the detail to ensure that it can be translated into key messages with which the client can engage.
Key activities will include:
- Project management of a wide variety of projects and clients simultaneously to time, budget and client satisfaction;
- Managing projects through our integrated project management tool Oracle NetSuite;
- Tightly managing the project team, financials, progress reports, data, document version control, and client communication;
- Client relationship management of a wide range of organisations, from small businesses and NGOs, to government agencies (e.g. WRAP, Defra, DfT etc), large multinational companies, trade associations and the European Commission; and
- Management of framework contracts;
Secondary Activities may be required on an ad hoc basis, such as:
- Delivery of technical policy work across a range of relevant topic areas;
- Technical research, including industry consultations and stakeholder workshops;
- Report writing and presentation of results; and
- Reactive bid management.
Training to develop key skills and competencies will be part of the job to ensure continued professional development.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated and high calibre Project Manager. The successful applicant will share our values and our commitment to quality.
A manager who controls their projects tightly, the successful candidate will be a thorough, clear and calm communicator who is versatile and adaptable. It is essential that candidates are rigorous, have good written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates are expected to be self-disciplined and well organised. They should be able to present themselves in a professional manner. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- Demonstrable, significant experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously comprising multi-disciplinary teams to budget, time and client satisfaction;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of one or all of: air quality, waste and resource management, marine plastics and microplastics, environmental policy design, energy and sustainable business;
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery with senior colleagues and clients;
- A calm, methodical and rigorous process-oriented approach with a high level of attention to detail, demonstrating an ability to achieve tasks within set deadlines;
- A commitment to the environmental principles which drive Eunomia.
- Have relevant project management accreditations (such as PRINCE2®);
- Experience managing large projects (c.£250k plus), and coordinate long-term programmes of work;
- Experience in contract arbitration and negotiation;
- Good technical writing skills; and
- Experience running online workshops.
£33,500 - £42,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Private healthcare;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Group pension;
- Death in service scheme; and
- Income protection scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day for each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to jobs @eunomia.co.uk and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to Gavin Bailey summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
- A completed application form which should be downloaded from http://www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia/
- The deadline for applications is 9am 18th September 2020.
- First interviews will be held video conferencing and are anticipated to be in w/c 28th September 2020. First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and you will also be asked to prepare a short presentation, the topic will be given upon invitation to interview.
- Second interviews, if required, are anticipated to be in w/c 5th October 2020.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: jobs @eunomia.co.uk | 0117 917 2250
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no. 4150627